LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-12-31, 6:32am

Default Chillipepper- skipstep.... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who wrote this manual? UGH..........

OK, I can program it. If I set it for 6 hours, there is supposed to be a way to skip to the next hold cycle if I don't happen to torch for 6 full hours. I can click on the middle button and I can see "SKST." I'm good til there....

Janie says with hers, you then click once on the left button and it goes to the next step but if/when I do that, all mine does is flick back and forth between "something-can't remember what it says" and "idle."

Someone else told me that with theirs, they click the middle button twice and it goes to the next cycle. Not mine... when I tried that, mine just continues on with the original cycle.

HELP......... how do I get this kiln (which I am so happy to have) to go to the next cycle?

The manual doesn't even tell you what to do beyond hitting the button and it says "skst." AND there were 3 of us studying the manual-- abeadgal, lunamoonshadow and me.

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2007-12-31, 6:51am

Sue,
What kind of controller do you have? Mine has an Orton controller and when I want to move to the next step, I hit the center "skip" button twice in fairly quick succession. It should then move onto the next step without a hitch. If you have a different controller, it may be different.Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-12-31, 7:43am

I'm at work and don't remember/know but it's green. Does that help?

The book says it will show "skst" and it does but it does NOT say what to hit next. It seems to end right at that show "skst." I hit that middle button twice but NOT in rapid succession. I waited for "skst" to show. I will try hitting it fast twice..... nothing to lose in trying!

Someone else mentioned an orange box once but mine is green.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2007-12-31, 7:57am
T.J. made me do it

I get to SKST by hitting Increase/decrease then I hit the Program button twice. My box is orange.

Julie
Old 2007-12-31, 11:23am
ManBearPig

On mine, I hit the middle button and it will review the step in the program, then say SSTP. When it says SSTP, I push the left button and it goes to the next step.

Old 2007-12-31, 11:59am

Mine is a Chili Pepper with green controller box and Orton controller. I hit the middle option button, wait just long enough for it to show SStP (1 sec or less), then hit the middle button again and wait. I watched last time and the display flashes back and forth between 2 (or more) messages (forgot what) and then shows just the temp as it increases from 940 to 968 (the next step in my program).

My manual reads:
Quote:
Skip Step: During a Ramp/Hold program, press 'Increase/Option' to skip to the next ramp. [SStP] shows in the display alternating with the current ramp segment. To skip, press the Option button again.
I hope this helps.