Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2012-08-03, 10:51am
Happy Glass Girl :)

Default Photo editing program for Mac

Any recommendations?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-08-03, 3:24pm
Alaska Boro

If you are in need of a professional photo editing program then it is PhotoShop CS 6. If not, then look into an open source free variety.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:06pm

you can do a lot with Photoshop elements costco often sells the currant version good for both OS10 and win for $79 it does not have some of the really powerful tools like the pen tool or the history window but for general editing it works really well

#C-151
Old 2012-08-04, 3:02pm
Wonder-wench

2nd the recommendation for Photoshop Elements. I am very impressed with the number of tools available for editing, it's also easy to use, I've only had to access the help menu a couple of times at the beginning.

Old 2012-08-05, 12:36am
Dynamic Duo

Pixelmator is also very good. can be found in the Mac app store.

Old 2012-08-05, 12:37am
Dynamic Duo

Also, make sure you have exhausted all the possibilities of iPhoto. I have found for bead pictures, that pretty much has about 90% of what I need.

Old 2012-08-05, 8:32pm

Adobe Lightroom4
Old 2012-08-06, 6:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming_fools View Post
Also, make sure you have exhausted all the possibilities of iPhoto. I have found for bead pictures, that pretty much has about 90% of what I need.
I was having a hard time with re-sizing my photos in iPhoto but have since discovered the "export" function. I just don't know what size they are after I export them

Thanks for all of the replies!! I love hate new toys!

Old 2012-08-06, 6:24pm
offically down under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I was having a hard time with re-sizing my photos in iPhoto but have since discovered the "export" function. I just don't know what size they are after I export them

Thanks for all of the replies!! I love hate new toys!
I use iphoto for almost all of my editing. To resize the photos I just send them as an email and choose the medium size for here. Once they are on the email, I drag the photo from the email to the desktop and then go down to manage attachment and upload them to LE. For the local Aussie forum, we have to use smaller sized photos so I do the same thing only when asked what size I want, I click on smaller.
Attached Images

Old 2012-08-06, 6:25pm
offically down under

Okay, have a look at my dumb dog in the upper left corner. He has a huge dog bed but the knucklehead is sleeping on the floor.

Old 2012-08-06, 8:26pm

for basic editing Iphoto does the job just fine

#C-151
Old 2012-08-09, 5:07pm

I think I got it~

Old 2012-08-11, 3:20pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Specifically for resizing only I use iResize. Great for bulk resizing. Very easy to use. Otherwise I use iPhoto for just about everything else. I have photoshop but haven't used it in a really long time

Old 2012-08-11, 3:57pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I use Aperture on my Mac.

Vivian

-

Old 2012-08-12, 9:28pm
Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeepers View Post
Specifically for resizing only I use iResize. Great for bulk resizing. Very easy to use. Otherwise I use iPhoto for just about everything else. I have photoshop but haven't used it in a really long time
a second vote for iResize - can do a whole folder at once.

Generally I crop everything square in iPhoto - and once in awhile have to adjust lightness/darkness. Have gotten better about spending more time taking the pictures so tat light is correct in the raw photo. (am a firm believer of taking pics outside in sunlight) Then drag 'em out to a folder on my desktop, and resize everything to 1500 X 1500 with iResize.

Next step is to add watermark (logo) - We do use a really old version of Adobe Photoshop elements to do this. Again, this can be done in batch mode, one command to do all files in a folder.

These 1500 x 1500 photos are used for selling on eBay and Etsy, and kept on our computer.

Then the whole folder is resized to 625 x 625 using iResize (outputting to a new folder so we don't overwrite the 1500 x 1500 versions) , and loaded up to our web server. This smaller size we use when we show here, or in the body of html files.

Old 2012-08-19, 7:49am

Thanks again!! You all are awesome for helping me with this. I am going to have to go find iresize. I think I saw it in the app store when I was looking for a photo program.

Old 2012-08-24, 11:34pm
Dynamic Duo

Default link for iresize

Here is link for iResize - this is different than the web-based product of the same name.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/13039/iresize

Old 2012-09-15, 11:14am
Beadmaking.nl

Great topic, thanks! I had the same question because since a week I am a new Mac-user.

On my pc I used photoscape and I am still looking for a program who can do all photoscape could.

Example: Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347732827.486192.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  52.0 KB
Make a collage.

Any tips?