Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2006-06-14, 7:14am

Default Corinas Starburst Murrine step by step.

http://www.corinabeads.com/pages/minimurrini.php

Wow, even I could do this one. I'm gonna try it right now. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 2006-06-14, 7:25am

cool! i think even i could do that! thanks for sharing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-06-14, 7:50am

Thanks Corina!!! You are always so nice to share things!!!

(website in construction)
Old 2006-06-14, 8:13am
yukue fumei

cool!
Old 2006-06-14, 8:46am

Thanks Suzzy Caper LOL ! Got my rods all ready to try this ...
Old 2006-06-14, 9:02am

Thanks for posting this. Murrini *exactly* like this are found in 9th - 10th century Hungarian beads. Hmm, maybe I should scan a pic or two.

I love it when ancient techniques are rediscovered. I'm such a history geek.

Old 2006-06-14, 11:21am
I fart diamonds

Hint: If you twist the cane as you pull it, the murini will look like little fireworks.

Old 2006-06-14, 11:24am

Ewww....cool Swawnette!

Old 2006-06-14, 11:27am
Entropy increasing....

Is this also what is used to make those turban like bumps?
Old 2006-06-14, 11:30am
I'm a lilac!

Those are awesome - Michael Barley uses them for his jellyfish and starfish, too - if I remember right, he said he learned from a master beadmaker in Japan.

Old 2006-06-14, 11:54am
Detail G-Mama!

I love all of them being done! I learned how to do them from watching Shirley also!

Old 2006-06-14, 12:24pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I try hard to be nice to everyone, but on this one I have to say why stir the pot? It was on your website, why direct people from LE there?

Old 2006-06-14, 12:54pm
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs

I try hard to be nice to everyone, but on this one I have to say why stir the pot? It was on your website, why direct people from LE there?

seems to me YOU are stirring the pot by YOUR comments. I didn't see anything negative in this thread until you posted.

Kristi

??
Old 2006-06-14, 12:56pm
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
These are really cool little murini. I learned them from Shirley Cook, too. She uses them beautifully in her beads, as does Corina.
I missed her demo at Glass Stock and I was bummed. I can't remember WHAT I was doing, but I got pulled away to work! Can you believe it!?

I've only seen them made with optic molds so I think it's cool that someone shared how to do it without using them. I have a Japanese bead book that shows something similar, but it's only pictures as the writing is all in Japanese! lol

Kristi

??
Old 2006-06-14, 1:39pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs

Hmmm, I must have missed something.

Deb in MN
Old 2006-06-14, 1:57pm
what's a senior moment ?

Hey There -
I gave this a try today and I gotta say it was fun ! I stuck to the just the simple version but I have thought of alot of different things that you can do with this ! lol ! Most of which are already posted here ! lol ! You all beat me to it ! lol ! Anyway, here's the one bead I made using this simple cane and I gotta say, I am quite pleased. I only did the one bead just to see if I could do it. Didn't plan on torching at all cause it's so derned hot ! So, what do ya all think ?
Debbie A.

Old 2006-06-14, 2:12pm
Detail G-Mama!

We did these in Andrea's class also! They are fun but mine ended up looking like a gooeyduck!

Old 2006-06-14, 2:17pm

Great job, Debbie A! Your murrini look really good.

So many beadmakers use these as an integral part of their designs...a very old technique used in contemporary ways. It's good to see such clear, straightforward directions out there.

Sarah*B

ps I learned it from Diana East, but she showed it with a touch of enamel and a bit of encasing. And of course, what she does with them is just awesome!!

Last edited by SarahBoser; 2006-06-14 at 2:20pm.
Old 2006-06-14, 2:19pm
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts
We did these in Andrea's class also! They are fun but mine ended up looking like a gooeyduck!
Ok, Anne, I have to ask, what is a gooeyduck ???
Debbie
Old 2006-06-14, 2:21pm
what's a senior moment ?

Thanks Sarah ! It was fun to do and I will be doing more.
Debbie
Old 2006-06-14, 2:26pm
Detail G-Mama!

Ok you asked!!! It's a clam that live up in WA!
Attached Images

Last edited by Anne Ricketts; 2006-06-14 at 2:29pm.
Old 2006-06-14, 2:30pm
Detail G-Mama!

Well they call them something else up there!

Old 2006-06-14, 2:50pm
Wild at Heart!

Snort!

Hey I've been diving up in the Puget Sound and seen them under water.. talk about obscene!! lol!!

Kimberly.. thanks for the laugh.. I've been having a crappy day at work and I needed one!

Kristi

??
Old 2006-06-14, 2:53pm
Detail G-Mama!

Quote:
SNORT!!! Yes, that is true!! ROFL!! I have to be sure I am not drinking when I fix them. Gets a little too rowdy, expecially if I have an audience. I will say no more...................................

Old 2006-06-14, 3:15pm

Some people will eat anything....
That is some nasty looking clam. Wonder what the first person to fix one was thinking. Hmmm....looks nasty, wonder what it will taste like?

Old 2006-06-14, 3:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
Is this also what is used to make those turban like bumps?
yup the very one, I learned them from Corina the first time she had them on her site forever ago and have seen them for years in Shirly's beads, we are in the same ISGB chapter so I get visit with her often...I love them...as a side note I was reading this thread and then I saw the Clam picture from Ann, and then I thought what are we talking about here, it is a rather funky looking animal to say the least and thanks Ann and kim, I needed to laugh a bit too...you are guys are too funny...
Old 2006-06-14, 3:46pm
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts
Ok you asked!!! It's a clam that live up in WA!
Ewwwwwwwww !!! Ick !!! Looks nasty ! Never heard of 'em, never seen one. Might be interesting to see someone actually EATING one though ! lol !

And Kimberly, you are sooo right about what people have tried as an aphrodesiac ! I certainly can see why they'd go for this creature ! lol ! Funny, I was just imagining - drunk and cooking these ! lol ! What fun that could be ! Someone must take pictures ! lol !
Debbie A.
Old 2006-06-14, 5:34pm
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
No worries Debbie. They are actually sliced or ground before you eat them. It's the pounding with a mallet to tenderize that is the fun part. Also peeling back the skin (wait, that's octopus)..............Okay, I have hijacked this thread enough.
Oh my ! LMAO ! Ok, no more hijacking....... It's all Anne's fault ! lol !
Debbie A.
Old 2006-06-14, 5:48pm
Detail G-Mama!

Old 2006-06-14, 5:57pm

Talking

Debbie, you did it like a breeze. I have been trying to make the stringers all day. I am really excited with what I have. Tomorrow I will attemp to put them in a bead. I am a bit challenged working on a hot head, but it's still lots of fun. Love the gooey cluck. Looks like an elephants trunk. I guess I could eat it, if it was smothered in butter.
Suzy