Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-01-17, 1:32pm

Unhappy Newbie needin help...pleeeeze

Ok guys...I have been working with Moretti, Lausha, Messy and Vetro - all basic colors and have a pretty good feel for the glass. So, for Christmas I decided I would treat myself (yeah, right) to some interesting colors and types of glass. From Vetro I ordered a collection of odds and new colors - crunch, strawberry, lime sweet, moss agate, lichen and a couple others. And then I went to the wild side and ordered Van Gogh Carmel, Double Helix Nyx, Kronos2. I see all these beautiful focals with these colors and wanted to try for myself. Well, I cannot get the colors to come out on any of these glasses. If you guys could help a newbie out - I need tips and pointers on any or all of the above. Thanks in advance for all the help...even though I'm new to flame and this website - I am so glad I found you all...

Kat
Old 2008-01-17, 1:46pm
Life is change. Love it

The vetro odds are worked the same way as all the other colours you've used. They are a bit shocky, but just work them in a neutral flame. the Double Helix colours you have are reduction colours and after you have put them onto your bead and have the design you want they need to be flashed in and out of a reduction flame.

There is a ton of info here on these glass colours http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27555

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-18, 10:35am

Smile

Thanks so much for the thread...I ordered the dvd from Rocio. Can't wait for the arrival.

Kat