Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-09-05, 1:21pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Had some running around to do today, I think I'm almost back to "normal" whatever the heck that is!
But while I was out, I missed a call from our Deb. But the message was to all of us!

''Thanks for making this such a great event!! To all the staff, the instructors, the "helpers" etc. YOU ROCK!!! It couldn't have happened without each and every one of you! Much love!!"

She's dead beat tired and won't be on the computer for a few days, and who can blame her? She works her tail off every year, WAY before, during and after! So she's going to lay low for a bit, but will be back here soon.

I would love to add a huge thank you to everyone that made me feel loved! Don't have any idea what I'm going to do to my hair next year
Kind of like how David is going to top the Pajama Jam!?!?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-09-05, 1:42pm
I'm meeeeelting

Who won the hat contest? Philpot?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-09-05, 2:35pm
honorary bead lady

Lisa did
Old 2013-09-05, 2:36pm
I'm meeeeelting

Oh yeah. I forgot about Lisa's hat. It was awesome! I wasn't there for the contest, but I saw her with it earlier.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-09-06, 6:50am
honorary bead lady

11 months 22 days...
Old 2013-09-06, 2:39pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Toooooooooooooo long!!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-09-06, 6:15pm
Wooohooo,GS!

WOWSER! Best year evah as the t-shirt says! Yeehaw! Just keeps getting better.....

I am still pretty wiped out but with a huge smile, it was the best birthday in a whole lotta years! Thank you all (especially deb p for the cake!!!) for the wonderful presents, all that yummy Pinot Noir and other wines, beer, chocolate, clothes, cards and not least of all, the glassy presents!!! It was the one place I would want to be on my birthday, with all of you!

I wish we had more time for some of the extra things we planned but all in all everything was grand A few power glitches but you were all so patient and sweet, thank you!

It was the most amazing glassma (my word for glassy karma) this year! People won things they really needed, whether it was a Paragon kiln, boro glasses, cool goblet, my Little Smith torch or the best prize for Alana, kicking some major butt in the Elimination, just made my heart happy!

I want to thank all of you, every person who attended because it takes every one of us to make it this great! A super fabulous group this year and fantastic new additions to the GS family!

Even better news is we found more than was lost this year!!! I have some sunglasses, some possibly prescription glasses in hard case, small spiral note pad (Marie, your name is in it several pages in), brown plain T-shirt, medium note pad with several pages loose.

Since we were trying to get out of there faster I did not divy up sponsor items yet, I usually send boxes with folks if I can with really fragile stuff. I will be mailing those next week. Once I get them done I will see if there are any T-shirts left. Also, we sold 5 out of the 6 Paragon Bluebird XLs this year, we have one left at a killer price "gently" used 4 days, PM me if interested.

Thank you all again for a superb time, no place I would rather be
Much love, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-09-08 at 9:39am.
Old 2013-09-06, 8:35pm
Finally doing what I love

Default AMAZING!

Hi,

I just wanted to thank Deb for a fabulous time at Glass Stock this year. I really appreciate all the work you do to make this trip such a great time for everyone.

This year I had so much fun I relaxed more than I think I have in years Thanks to everyone who makes Glass Stock such a positive, fun, learning experience. You all make it so much FUN!

I also wanted to say thanks to the boro Boys: Eric and Kikkmo (i'm probably spelling that wrong... sorry). I was so impressed with how well they taught and appreciative that we "bead ladies" got to learn something new. I'm hoping Deb will consider hiring them as teachers next year! They definitely have skills I would love to learn.

Thanks again for a great time! DEB you ROCK!

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2013-09-06, 11:43pm

Another public THANK YOU for Deb. Still trying to wipe the smile off my face! Already looking forward to next year!

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2013-09-08, 9:36am
Wooohooo,GS!

AW, thank you Elizabeth and Marie, you ladies are just gemz! I am sore but still smiling and in 3 weeks I get to do it again with my east coast GS family, wooohooo!
Elizabeth, you are so wonderful, got to know you a bit better this year, you rock!

Christina, whoops, I got the author of the teaching comment wrong! You can bet they'll be teaching next year, LOVE those boys (and adopted them all, they call me "glassymom"
so cute!) I am VERY proud of you Christina, you really dove in this year, your smile is most adorable when you get over the shyness....I could really tell you had fun this year!
Love you all!
deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-09-08 at 1:12pm.
Old 2013-09-08, 1:06pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieV View Post
My first time but definitely not my last! Had the best time ever. Thank you so very much to all involved. And Deb C, you are a working fool! I can't even begin to fathom what goes into putting on an event like this. You have an amazing team too.

Just wanted to add that I've been to quite a few events in my 10 years of lampworking. This is the ONLY one where I felt soft glass workers were held on the same 'plane' as boro workers. Everyone accepted everyone; it didn't matter what type of glass you melted. It seemed to me we were all just there for the love of glass period. No snobs, no assholes, no jerks. No pressure, no formalities; a laid back atmosphere where anyone would feel welcome.

Thank you all for openly sharing your talent and generously extending your friendship.
Wow, Julie, that is the best summation I have ever heard! I am going to use this quote on the website if that's ok with you! It literally takes me 9 months, I say it is like having another baby every year, now with 2 events and a third in the works I'm going to have a lot of "babies" to watch grow!
Since my own 2 children are grown, my best creations EVER, now I can put my energy into bringing all of us together to be accepted for who we are, share our knowledge, dreams and passion for the benefit of all.

The connections, collaborations and comraderie has "changed lives" since the very first Glass Stock at my home here. I have watched the effect it has had on a lot of folks and it makes all the work I do worth every minute behind the scenes! Thank you for your beautiful, honest and sincere summation, this is exactly WHY I do this, you've made my heart sing! Plus that goddess you made me will proudly adorn my studio where I can look at her every day and smile...she will be a great addition! YOU are a blessing and fabulous addition to our GS family!

With much love and gratitude, deb

Old 2013-09-09, 4:25pm

Hi everyone

I think I'm starting to be functional......maybe

Big thanks and hugs to you all for making this GSWest newbie feel so welcome. I really enjoyed my classes - both the ones I taught and the ones I was fortunate to take. But the best part was meeting so many wonderful new people.

Thanks again - loved it!

Lisa

Lisa St. Martin
Old 2013-09-09, 6:24pm

I am still non-functional Lisa
So glad to meet you.

Old 2013-09-10, 9:00am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Lisa, you rocked the ladies! They all loved you and your fantastic classes!
Deb, me too....my brain is still a little fuzzy but getting stuff packed for East now.

What a great event! Really just keeps getting better and better thanks to all of you! Working on Featured artists for 2014 now, hoping JC can make it next year, we talked in Vegas so let's keep fingers crossed she will come. Now for the boro artists!
Wooohoooo!
deb

Old 2013-09-11, 9:39am
Wooohooo,GS!

Sponsor boxes all out now except a few I will be making stuff for. If you got to use Lori Riley's new dichroic please pop her an email about how you liked it please! Also, any sponsors on the shirt as they all donated would appreciate feedback and or just a thank you! We couldn't keep prices at $150 a day without their huge support!

Packing glass for east and the sponsor items divvy sure has me smiling, you all are just amazing, they will love their thank you boxes again this year!
With much adoration for you all!
deb

Old 2013-09-11, 9:44am
Wooohooo,GS!

PS GREAT NEWS! We will have JC Herrell and Rose Chikiar as our Featured Artists at West next year....it will be a fantastic line up with these ladies!
Wooohoooo!
deb

Old 2013-09-11, 11:22am
I'm meeeeelting

Yay! That's awesome. It'll be so great to have Rose back and JC totally rocks.

I played with the dichro but I don't have Lori's email.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-09-11, 6:23pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, isn't that an awesome line up of ladies!

Here is Lori's email for those who could send her feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
lori@rileydesignsjewelry.com

Thanks Felicia, you're awesome girl!
xo deb

Old 2013-09-11, 6:31pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Felicia, isn't that an awesome line up of ladies!

xo deb
Heck yeah!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-09-12, 7:14am
Angel's Mom

JC and Rose? What a deal! I still remember that awesome scorpion Rose made for a demo my first GlassStock. Un-freaking-believable!

I can't think of those five days without a huge smile on my face!

Um, Lisa, wasn't the best part our run to VooDoo Donut? You rock, lady!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2013-09-13, 8:15am
Wooohooo,GS!

AW Kris, you are so cute! Rose was super excited, she said she looked at this year's pictures on FB and thought maybe we had forgotten about her since she started school.
I said "No way girl! We think about you ALL the time and miss you!" She is so thrilled to be coming back! Plus JC is excited to see her again, it will be Girl Power next year!

Yum, Voodoo donuts...wouldn't be the same without them!! That's always good!
Hugs, deb

Old 2013-09-13, 8:31am
honorary bead lady

I knew that little outfit would be a draw
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2013-09-14, 6:50am
JulieV

"Just wanted to add that I've been to quite a few events in my 10 years of lampworking. This is the ONLY one where I felt soft glass workers were held on the same 'plane' as boro workers. Everyone accepted everyone; it didn't matter what type of glass you melted. It seemed to me we were all just there for the love of glass period. No snobs, no assholes, no jerks. No pressure, no formalities; a laid back atmosphere where anyone would feel welcome."

Sure, you can quote me Deb. You can use anything I say or do......but just not against me!

Old 2013-09-14, 7:25am
Wooohooo,GS!

David, lol, it must have worked!

Julie, thanks sweetie! Would never hold anything against you, 'cept maybe a hug!
That was sincerely a wonderful summary, especially from someone attending the first time. I think it will help others who are looking for an event where they can be accepted and warmly welcomed for just who they are!
BIG hugs, deb

Old 2013-09-15, 8:48am
Wooohooo,GS!

In getting ready for the next Glass Stock I checked my horoscope for the week. It is from Risa's Esoteric Horoscopes.....I just had to share this!

"VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): People think you’re quite intelligent, cheerful, a good conversationalist. It’s important to communicate with others, seeking what interests and is of value to them. This way you discover like-minded others you can trust and communicate with. Diplomacy is also most important. You may be called to use all your mediating skills to sort out conflicts and help bring forth harmony. You’re of benefit to many."

Wow, so cool, it has been wonderful getting the sincere cards, posts and emails from all who attended a Glass Stock this year, and this horoscope really speaks loudly to that!
Thank you everyone for the wonderful appreciation of what it takes to make these events happen every year!
Much love, deb

Old 2013-09-18, 8:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Guys! With almost 30 sponsors now I won't have any extra shirts for sale as every sponsor gets one in their goody boxes, the top 8 got 2 shirts.

I let 2 go in raffle so you are the lucky 2!
I'll try and order more than 120 next year!
Hugs and melty goodness!
deb