Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-06-23, 7:18pm

Red face Time-limited financial stimulus to help build your skills: Act now!

In honor of our first international instructor and recognizing these challenging economic times, I have reduced the price of Loren Stump’s class, by 20% for a limited time. Just think of it . . . you can learn from the incredible Loren Stump for 5 whole days for only $995.

“Loren I” will be held from September 22-26 at our new, beautiful, well-ventilated studio in Buffalo, NY. Go to http://expressiveglass.com/Loren-Stump.html for class details and to register. Reserve your seat now. Space is limited and I expect this amazing class to fill up fast.

Expressively yours,
Vicki

www.expressiveglass.com

"Turn hot glass into cool things"

3333 Lake Shore Rd.
Buffalo, NY 14219

Studio: 716-825-3333

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Buffalo, NY
Old 2010-06-24, 1:55pm

A better analysis for this FANTASTIC class & Master Instructor is $995 for 5 days at 12-14 hours per day = $995/~65 hours = ~$15 per hour [compared to a 'normal' class at ~$25/hr (for a $400 2-day class @ 8 hours/day)]. You will learn so much! [I just took Loren I & II back to back and it was an amazing not-to-be-missed experience - I'm now on the look-out for his 'theme' classes].
Old 2010-06-25, 7:55am
Shelarious

Drooling...

Old 2010-06-25, 9:27am

GREAT point, Anne. I took Loren's class last summer. It was intense, but SO worth it!

Loren is committed to his students' learning. The class is much more than I imagined. You will learn techniques that help you get results no matter what you are doing with soft glass.

Don't miss the chance to learn from Loren at this discounted rate and to be part of Expressive Glass' first class taught by a "headliner." Full details are at http://expressiveglass.com/Loren-Stump.html. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneonline View Post
A better analysis for this FANTASTIC class & Master Instructor is $995 for 5 days at 12-14 hours per day = $995/~65 hours = ~$15 per hour [compared to a 'normal' class at ~$25/hr (for a $400 2-day class @ 8 hours/day)]. You will learn so much! [I just took Loren I & II back to back and it was an amazing not-to-be-missed experience - I'm now on the look-out for his 'theme' classes].

- Buffalo, NY
Old 2010-06-25, 10:09am
Hobby Junkie

I SO wish I had the money for this. Sigh! I really need to win the lottery (or my family and pets need to stop eating so much). I hate being broke!

Old 2010-06-25, 10:20am

How about pasta, potatoes and tuna fish for a while? <only kidding>

I truly understand. That's why I'm offering the discount in the hopes of reaching people for whom Loren's class might normally be out of reach.

One thing to consider is that the skills I learned from Loren helped me develop new (higher priced) pieces. It's not an immediate return, but it helps when considering the return on your investment.

- Buffalo, NY
Old 2010-06-27, 8:12am

Could you please provide some details, (pictures would be great) of your studio set-up, especially ventilation?

Thank-you
Lynda
Old 2010-06-27, 7:07pm

Lynda, great idea. Here are some pictures. I put a lot of thought into making the studio very welcoming and an enjoyable place to work. Chairs are adjustable (height, back, arms, foot rest). Each station has its own regulator, minor torch, basic tools. As the table was built, we ran a plenum under it, tying in each hood to a 2000 cfm fan that vents outside. We have propane tanks in a caged and blocked area outside the building. All gases are delivered by pipe to each station.

Let me know if there's anything else you think people would need to know to make an informed decision.

- Buffalo, NY
Old 2010-06-27, 7:41pm
Critter Mom

Wow, what a wonderful studio and a fantastic opportunity. I wish you were closer to the West Coast...or I closer to the East, I'd sign up for this in a minute. To take a Loren Stump class is my dream.

Old 2010-06-27, 8:44pm

I took a look at South West Airlines from Portland. They have a web special for around $200 each way. I know it's a long trip, but just in case you might be able to work it out, thought I'd mention it. . . . We also have lots of other attractions in the area that are enticing. If you've never seen Niagara Falls or Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, here's a great excuse. (Just keeping the spark flickering . . . )

- Buffalo, NY
Old 2010-06-27, 9:33pm
Critter Mom

Oh how I wish I could, but I and and finally which is the only relief I would get on an airplane. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to wait till I can drive to where ever he's teaching. But when I told my husband about it he said the same thing..."you could probably get a discount flight". He knows I can't fly, he's just trying to tempt me.