Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-01-28, 4:07pm

Default Dream Beads

Beads of Courage is recruiting artists to join our On Call Roster! From time to time, we ask the kids, if you could have any bead in the world, what would it be? They Dream! And we do our best to make it come true. Join our team today
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This will stretch your imagination, challenge your skills and is incredibly rewarding. Check it out!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to the Login button to get the sign up page.

Robert

Last edited by RSimmons; 2013-03-11 at 5:54am.
Old 2013-02-13, 9:42pm
Spring is coming, right?

I signed up. Looking forward to the challenge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jocelyn

Old 2013-03-09, 2:52pm
Mermaid in Training

I am putting a plea out there to Artists to sign up to be an Artist on Call. It will help you with your skills. And help you to think outside the box in how to make some of these beads. It is well worth it. Plus the kids love them so much. Done be afraid to select beads that scare you. I recently went down the list of beads and made all the outstanding ones even though I felt they might be above my skill level. I gave them a shot anyway. You know what I found out... that they weren't... some of them I had to simplify a but they are still what the child asked for.

So what do you say????? Come on and give it a shot! I know you won't regret it!!!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2013-03-09, 3:03pm
Mr Brutus RIP

the page says its unavailable. I wanted to sign up.

Old 2013-03-09, 3:25pm
Glass Addict

I got the same "unavailable" message and I'd like to sign up to make "dream beads"..

Old 2013-03-09, 3:28pm

I would love to participate but can't find any of the links that are being spoken of. is there some trick to getting to those links?

Becky
Old 2013-03-09, 5:44pm
Mermaid in Training

let me email Ashley and ask her because I am not seeing it anymore on the Beads of Courage website. I will get you all a link to sign up!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2013-03-09, 6:10pm
Loving learning

Right now there are only 2 beads waiting, both have words on them.
Many times I make & then reserve if I'm unsure of my skill, these will be that way for me,

If someone else makes them in the meantime, I'm sure that some other child will like them too.

Oops! I just went to check and those last 2 beads have been reserved too, so none right now. Of course you could always use the ideas to make a bead then send it with your regular courage bead donation.
Old 2013-03-09, 6:30pm

I think I'm signed up for this, but where do you see the list for the dream beads? For some reason I was thinking it was emailed to those that had signed up.

Old 2013-03-09, 7:30pm

That's what I thought too.

Old 2013-03-09, 8:27pm
Loving learning

I get an email reminding me to go check the list once in a while now.

I'm sure that someone will be checking in here soon & can get you signed up.
Old 2013-03-09, 8:54pm

Glad to hear that...I'd really like to participate.

Becky
Old 2013-03-10, 6:32am

Where on the site does the dream beads list usually hang out? I thought I had searched every nook and cranny of the BOC site and I've never seen it. And what does "reserve" a bead mean? Does that mean you are planning to try it and to show others that they might want to try another bead?

Old 2013-03-10, 7:08am
Got Honey?

I signed up back in Feb when this was first put up. I thought I would get an email or something but I have gotten nothing. I really want to do this too but have no clue how.

Old 2013-03-10, 7:24am

Same here, I signed up right away and never heard anything. I would love to make a dream bead!

Old 2013-03-10, 8:17am
Loving learning

The list isn't on the BOC site anymore. It is on a site that lets you "claim" it, and you can see which beads are still "available" and which are claimed.
I'm going to PM Robert to please come give more info, because I don't know if Ashley is on LE.
Old 2013-03-10, 8:31am
Got Honey?

Thanks Eileen!

Old 2013-03-10, 8:41am
Loving learning

I just want to also thank the volunteers who do so much to keep the program going, making or sorting beads, or organizing and other work.
Having worked at a non-profit for 14 years, I know that the volunteers are what make many of the programs possible.
Old 2013-03-10, 9:13am
Got Honey?

Quote:
I just want to also thank the volunteers who do so much to keep the program going, making or sorting beads, or organizing and other work.
Having worked at a non-profit for 14 years, I know that the volunteers are what make many of the programs possible.

I couldn't agree more! I wish there was something close to me so I could help out, I would love to volunteer for BOC!

Old 2013-03-10, 9:25am
Loving learning

I know, I did offer once to help with paperwork if it was logistically sound, but it would probably be as much work for someone there to send it to me as to do it themselves.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:13pm

Thanks for the info, Eileen!

Old 2013-03-11, 7:46am
Loving learning

I think Robert fixed the link. It works for me now.
Old 2013-03-11, 8:33am

I've been signed up as well (for a while) but I've never received any type of notification.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-03-11, 9:12am

I'll check with Ashely, but you can log in at any time to see what beads are needed.

Robert
Old 2013-03-11, 9:35am
Mermaid in Training

Here is the new link to signup from Ashley. I recently went down the list and completed all the outstanding beads some had been sitting open for months. So they are up to date as of today.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2013-03-11, 10:00am

what are the dream beads listed under? I didn't see them listed anywhere

Duane

Old 2013-03-11, 10:12am
Mermaid in Training

Are you signed up? I posted the link to sign up to be an Artist on Call. Once you are signed up Ashley will email when they get a new list of Dream Beads. The dream beads themselves are listed on a website called Sign Up Genius.

Ashley will email everyone with the link and password that have signed up as an Artist On Call.

For those that are not receiving the emails... have you changed your email address at all since you signed up?

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2013-03-11, 10:13am
Mermaid in Training

Quote:
Right now there are only 2 beads waiting, both have words on them.
Many times I make & then reserve if I'm unsure of my skill, these will be that way for me,

If someone else makes them in the meantime, I'm sure that some other child will like them too.

Oops! I just went to check and those last 2 beads have been reserved too, so none right now. Of course you could always use the ideas to make a bead then send it with your regular courage bead donation.
Both are done Eileen. I went through and got them up to date so there is nothing outstanding on the list anymore

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2013-03-11, 10:18am
Mermaid in Training

Quote:
Where on the site does the dream beads list usually hang out? I thought I had searched every nook and cranny of the BOC site and I've never seen it. And what does "reserve" a bead mean? Does that mean you are planning to try it and to show others that they might want to try another bead?
Neena the list isn't on the BOC website. Ashley sends out an email and we sign up to do the bead on a website called Sign Up Genius. Once we sign up for a particular bead you make it and send it to Ashley and she then sends it on to the child that requested the bead.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2013-03-11, 10:23am

I'm the same with Elizabeth....I have had the same email for at least 12 years!

Duane