Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-04-26, 12:34pm
Shelarious

Great article Robert!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-26, 7:00pm

Roll call for the launch. Who is going and where are you viewing it from? Anyone meeting up before or after?
Terri

Old 2011-04-28, 5:47am
Run Free Sweet Boy

we will be getting up at 3 am to head to the cape, we are going to try jetty park first, then cherie down park, and if both are packed then to a friends house and watch it from their roof.... news here says 6 hour traffic jams in each direction... and forget getting a hotel room....packing lots of food and drinks and sun screen. It will be pure grid lock getting out, so not planning to try and meet anyone

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-04-28, 6:40am
Your Royal Fritness

Were going to be at Kennedy Space Center on the causeway. Word is traffic is going to be a mess. Our tickets said arrive 4 to 8 hours before the launch. I've brought a few books to read.

Old 2011-04-28, 11:55am
StudioMarcy

Does anyone know what tv station and time the launch is covered?

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-04-28, 7:28pm
Shelarious

Here is an article with a link where it's *I think* it will be streamed live:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2011-04-28, 8:17pm

Does anyone know if ABC, NBC, CBS are going to be showing the launch? I have TV at work and would like to watch it on the larger screen.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-04-28, 9:02pm
Obsessed Blogger

Woot woot!!

::
Old 2011-04-28, 9:30pm
I speak Murrini!

I'm so excited and happy for all of you! Someone, please, blow it a kiss from me!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-04-29, 6:28am
Shelarious

Here's another option:

Old 2011-04-29, 6:33am
StudioMarcy

thank you so much. I wish I could see the launch live, but this is second best!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-04-29, 7:24am
Shelarious

Me too Marcy! I did read they were expecting about 700,000 spectators so maybe watching from home is going to be okay. I'm not much for crowds like that!

Old 2011-04-29, 8:17am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks for the link Shelley!
I'm so excited!

Old 2011-04-29, 7:20pm

Default Endeavour scheduled for no earlier than MO launch

I'm sorry for everyone who made the trek to the Cape for the launch today and was disappointed by Endeavour not meeting all the criteria for a safe launch.

One other place you can always watch what's going on 'live' with a launch or on the International Space Station is on nasatv

Bette
Old 2011-04-29, 8:22pm
I speak Murrini!

A
hugs everyone. I'm sure there are lots of you who are disappointed; the planning, the "getting there", the drive, the wait...

Of course, the most important thing is that they astronauts depart and return safely, so hopefully while you're all there, you're making the best of it and having fun...

(((HUGS)))
De

Old 2011-04-30, 3:12am
StudioMarcy

Shelley, I was watching the link after they postponed the launch and there was Obama landing with his family and then hopping into helicopters. I felt like I had a front row seat watching them. I sent that link to others. Sorry for everyone who went and didn't see it. I hope they get to launch in a few days.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-05-05, 3:45am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I am waiting for the next launch date.. maybe tuesday, maybe not... I got up at 2 am to go over for the scrubbed one... boo hoo

Old 2011-05-05, 7:14am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

we were directly acrossed from the launch pad for both friday and monday....we could see the pad with our naked eye....it was very exciting....until.... then we had to leave and be home by wednesday....

I found the best place to see the launch is on the computer... Nasa TV...

this is where I usually see the best coverage.....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-05-05, 1:32pm

A
MAN!! I feel so bad for everyone who went and then didn't get to see the launch.

Michelle Pearson & I are still waiting to open the bottle of champagne. What with day jobs, husband/boyfriend, shows to get ready for we knew a trip from Alaska was not going to happen.

Thanks Kris for the link, I have lots of people standing by to let me know when the launch finally happens.
Old 2011-05-05, 2:02pm
Your Royal Fritness

I so glad we went even though the mission was scrubbed. I'm even more excited now with visiting the KSC. Seeing the shuttle on the launch pad was pretty cool even though you could not get close to it. Here is a picture of the family and the shuttle on the launch pad. I'm not sure if we will be able to make it for the next launch but you never know

I have a lot more pictures on FB so friend me if you want to take a look.
Attached Images

Old 2011-05-05, 2:03pm
StudioMarcy

Oh I love the photos!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-05-06, 9:56am

I heard about this from one of the gals doing a lampworking demonstration at the RMBS Bead bazaar last month. So exciting! Looks like May 10th is the next launch date?
Old 2011-05-06, 8:09pm
Shelarious

Just in: launch no earlier than May 16.

Old 2011-05-13, 5:55pm
Shelarious

856am EDT on Monday is what I'm reading.

Old 2011-05-13, 7:15pm

I'm bummed it is so early for those of us on the West Coast. Yay Tivo

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-05-14, 3:53am

It looks like the launch and my new oxycon may happen on the same day. I may be forced to admit that Monday was a good day :-p
Old 2011-05-14, 4:21pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

I am going.... if I get the tickets I am bidding on on ebay I will be at the space center, if not at jetty park..... I really want to be at kennedy...

Old 2011-05-14, 5:29pm

I am so hoping you get them Candice.... keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 2011-05-14, 6:41pm
StudioMarcy

Me too! Hope so Candice. And looking forward to hearing about it.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-05-16, 5:40am
Shelarious

T minus 16! Anyone else watching?