Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-01-28, 6:15am

Default Moon Marble /Marble Crazy

Coming up, the end of Feb

http://www.moonmarble.com/t2-calendar.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-28, 4:33pm
moonmarble

Thanks for starting a topic Ellen i was just getting around to making some post on the boards
Hi Folks This is bruce from the moon marble company hope all is well.
Plans for the 8th Annual Marble Crazy are in the works. Mark Matthews will be our featured artist this year. He will be giving a demonstration at the Moon Marble Co., Thursday Feb.28th 11:00 to 2:00. This demo will be limited to 20 folks as well as the press and media. Registration is required for this demonstration. . We will host a reception for the Marble artists participating in the Marble Crazy 2008 show at the Toy & Minature Museum of Kansas City on Thursday evening 5:30 to 8:00. Mark will be giving a short talk and slide show at 6:30. This event is by invitation only. Friday Feb. 29th starts the demonstrations and marble sales at the Moon Marble Co. 12:00 to 9:00 and Saturday March 1st 10:00 to 5:00. Four demonstration areas will be set up including John McCormicks marble machine and a glass blowing station. A dvd player and big screen t.v. are in place as well. We have about 15 Artist that have signed up to date. For more information please contact Bruce Breslow bruce@moonmarble.com 913 441 1432 or www.moonmarble.com. The Marble Crazy continues at the Holiday inn Olathe Kansas by the K.C. marble club on March 2nd 9:00 to 3:00. contact Craig Snider for a table reservation www.kcmarbleclub.com
Old 2008-01-28, 4:40pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I love Moon Marble and I love Mark Matthews!

We live not to far from Mark's studio and have been able to watch him work a few times. He's a REALLY nice guy, too, who has a love and respect for the history of glass that is really wonderful.

Sure wish I could come!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2008-02-01, 5:24am

This year is going to be a great show as has been all the others.If you have never been there it is held at Bruce and Linda's Store-studio. It sits right next to the railroad tracks in this small town called Bonner Springs. Everything you can think of that has to do with marbles is there.Everyone that works there are the best people you will ever meet.If you are just starting to make marbles you wont find a better place to see demo's on all the different kinds.I think not only Mark M. is going to be there but Drew Fritts is there to I believe. DanG
Old 2008-02-16, 4:22pm
moonmarble

Hi Folks I would like to update the glass artist list for Marble crazy 2008. These are the artists I know are coming at this time. Forgive me for any mispellings in advance. Mark Matthews, Dick Clark, Filip Vogelpohl, Drew Fritts, Eddie Seese, Sam Hogue, Brett Young, Larry Zengal, Ernie Kober, John McCormick, Kris Parke, Dan Grumbling, Aaron West, Bruce Troeh, Brian Heikes, Marc Kornbluh, and myself Bruce Breslow. George its not to late to change your mind. We will miss you. I have received regrets from David Salazar, Scott Young and Bradley Tubbs. they had to change their plans for this year. We will miss these artists as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We also have a few that are not sure yet if they will make it. take care bruce
Old 2008-02-16, 10:07pm
Melting Glass Since 1995

Ellen, as always, you are a wealth of information. Thanks.
Old 2008-02-17, 5:54am
phrit phreak

Great line up! I'm sad Bradley Tubbs won't be there. I had orders to p/u something from him that I didn't get last year because of the SNOW....grrrrrr
The weather better behave this year!! Fingers and Toes crossed! Hopefully it's getting it out of it's system this weekend!

Old 2008-02-18, 7:54am
moonmarble

Hi lori I asked Bradley to send me up some marbles do you want me to ask for your piece? let me know. take care bruce
Old 2008-02-18, 2:26pm
phrit phreak

Well, there's no guarentee that I'll make it you know...... BUT, I have a friend that loves my boro pendant I bought from him...It has a black base. So, if he want's to throw in some of those I'd love it and could pick one out for my friend. Only if it's no bother.
Thank you Bruce!!

Old 2008-03-01, 6:02am
phrit phreak

YIPPEEEE, dd and I are one our way to KCity!! We'll be at moon marble around 1030ish am..meeting the other dd there

Old 2008-03-01, 4:56pm

Lori!
I missed seeing you there. Bruce said you were there earlier!
Pm me and I'll give you my cell number.
We can get together for a cocktail and maybe go out Olathe to do room trading at the marble show. Are you staying to go the show tomorrow? More marble people sell at the hotel.

Old 2008-03-03, 7:28pm
phrit phreak

aww dang I'm sorry I missed you Jami!! We got to watch mark mathews do a marble in the furnace..that was pretty kewl! I bought a marble from a guy from WV...neat story behind his glass..he bought 10tons of glass LOL!! he had some kewl unique colors ... Of course if I had a jillion I woulda bought a TON of marbles. We'll have to hook up sometime when I'm down there...Get all the KC gurls together and go to Mi Ranchitos and do some margaritas and too much food!

Old 2008-03-03, 8:18pm

Yum! Sounds good to me!
What was the guys name from WV? Where was he at at Moon? I can't think of who that is. Moon was packed Saturday. I have been going since the first year and it keeps getting bigger and bigger! After this years turn out Bruce, I think you need to open up the back back room! I got to visit with Dan Grumbling and he gifted me with a rod of the new super clear somebody is now making. I think the name was Harmon? ABR is selling it Dan said. Also got to catch up with Filip Vogelpohl from Boise. His business is growing like mad in Boise and he just moved to a 3000 sq foot studio. He had pics of an installation he installed that was mind blowing. By looking at it you would have thought it was furnace work. Marks work was stellar as usual. His marbles are perfection!

Sorry I missed ya Lori. You can come back next weekend for the Gem show! lol

Old 2008-03-04, 5:15pm
moonmarble

Hi Jami and Lori. The guy from West Virginia was Eddie Seese or Sammy Hogue. any way i'm in for girls night out it is my favorite thing. see ya bruce
Old 2008-03-04, 6:03pm
phrit phreak

It was Sammy Hogue..LOL I had to find his business card I bought a pendant for a friend from the guy in Idaho...I teased him that I didn't know anyone lived in Idaho..LOL Then told him me being from Iowa I hear that all the time He showed us the pics too WHOA! We'll have to call you next year for girls nite out and margaritas Bruce!! You might have to haul Brian w/ you too...

Last edited by LoriBird; 2008-03-04 at 6:06pm.
Old 2008-03-04, 7:29pm

Old 2008-03-09, 3:43pm
Unofficial Thread Killer

We had a great time at the Moon this year. And the marbles were amazing. I bought one from Eddie Seese, and I admire it many times every day! All the marble artists there were incredible. What beautiful glass work. Can't wait till next year.

or
Old 2008-03-10, 10:54am

I hope to make this event next year !