Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-04-30, 8:13pm
Obsessed Blogger

The shirt designs look awesome!

I'll help cook and Stella said she'd help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-30, 8:29pm

Awesome Robin! The only problem is going to be deciding which one to get!!

Old 2008-05-01, 3:39am

Thanks everyone -- sorry it took sooooo long!

I put the "Guess which one I made" up thinking it may be better for Brenna & Hannah than the "Great Piece of Glass". I can do another caption if you want.
Old 2008-05-01, 9:30am

Thanks for thinking of the girls Robin!

Old 2008-05-01, 9:42am
Your Royal Fritness

Looks GREAT! Nancy, I don't miind helping at all

Dawn

Old 2008-05-01, 11:25am

Hello all!
I'm one of the new people signed up this year. I'm sorry I haven't been very vocal or signed up for anything yet. My attendance is iffy. About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy and that went fine but now I'm waiting for my radioactive iodine treatment. The weekend of the retreat I will have been off all thyroid medication for almost a week in preparation for the RAI. I don't know how I'll be feeling. I really want to come--it sounds great. So, keep your fingers crossed that I can make it.

Nancy, I can bring a heater and 2 chairs. Hope to see you all soon!

Sharlyn
Old 2008-05-01, 11:25am

Hey folks ~ I just sent a message out to everyone on the Yahoo group about workshops. With Deb K not coming, we're really low on possibilities this year... Nancy Peterson is going to do felted beads and Deb Harlan is going to demo silver core beads but that's it fershure this time. Anyone want to share something with us?

Old 2008-05-01, 9:05pm
Obsessed Blogger

Hi Sharlyn.

Take care of yourself! We'll be there when you're ready. ((((Hugs)))) I hope you can make it...are you in Michigan?

Nancy...I'm wracking my brain trying to think of something I can demo. The torch demos are always impromptu and outside of that I'm of no use.

Old 2008-05-02, 4:24am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgp View Post
Hello all!
I'm one of the new people signed up this year. I'm sorry I haven't been very vocal or signed up for anything yet. My attendance is iffy. About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy and that went fine but now I'm waiting for my radioactive iodine treatment. The weekend of the retreat I will have been off all thyroid medication for almost a week in preparation for the RAI. I don't know how I'll be feeling. I really want to come--it sounds great. So, keep your fingers crossed that I can make it.

Nancy, I can bring a heater and 2 chairs. Hope to see you all soon!

Sharlyn
Sharlyn,

I promise to take really good care of you You have been in my prayers and I'm glad you have been doing well after the surgery. If you can make it I know you will have an awesome weekend! What time Friday do you want to leave?

Nancy,

I just checked the "To bring" list and I did not see my name on it. I posted quite awhile a go.

The shirts look great! I can't wait to order them!

Deb H. wanted to see the EMS in actin so I can demo that.

Would any one like a demo on how I make my Vertigo beads? Here is a picture.

TTFN, Dawn
Attached Images

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2008-05-02 at 4:30am.
Old 2008-05-02, 5:53am

Got it Dawn! And Sharilyn - I hope you can still come. We'll take it easy on you!

Old 2008-05-02, 9:14am

Default Workshop: Needle Felted Beads

OK – you want to learn how to make some felted beads for jewelry and to mix with your beads? It isn’t very difficult. Supplies needed are a needle felting foam and a felting needle plus some wool roving.

I will bring a package with the foam, needle and a 6 color assortment of roving - $10. To make it less complicated, I will bring some different color assortment packages to choose from.

If you want to put a necklace together you will need some yarn or cord, some beading wire (like Accu flex or Beadalon), crimps and some beads. For my necklaces I use seed beads as spacers or lampwork beads, lampwork discs, whatever, and then braided a cord for the ties. The beading wire gathers up the felted beads and lampwork beads. Kumihimo cords also work well for ties.

See the Yahoo Photo Album for photos of felted beads.

Please let me know how many folks would like to take this workshop? Thanks.

Also, I will bring a slideshow (on my laptop) of my trip to Murano - I will focus my numerous photos on: glassmaking stuff, pretty pictures, handsome Italian men . Hmmm - better get to work on that! You can also visit my blog for a running story.

Nancy Peterson
Beaver Island Jewelry

Old 2008-05-02, 9:15am

Wow - that's a big photo!!

Nancy
Old 2008-05-03, 6:07am
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post

Would any one like a demo on how I make my Vertigo beads? Here is a picture.

TTFN, Dawn
Um, YES!
Old 2008-05-03, 6:10am
Superkitty

I'd like to give the felted beads a try, Nancy. Are you coming from AA or from Beaver Island? We could share a ride if you are coming from up here, if you'd like.
Old 2008-05-03, 6:23am
Superkitty

I don't mind doing a silver core demo. I can bring enough silver tubing for everyone to try one of their own. You'll will need to bring some beads to choose from with 1/4" holes that have nice puckered ends. (Sharp or uneven ends do not core well.) I can also bring some 1/4" mandrels to make some beads while at the cabin, if people don't have any of their own.

Is anyone interested?
Old 2008-05-03, 7:11am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Sivler Core? Oh yes! I have the tools to do the silver core in the beads, and I have tried some, but the core is always extremely wobbly. I'm sure that I'm doing something bad, but I can't seem to figure it out.

--
--
--

Old 2008-05-03, 7:46am

- Me too for the felted beads!

- YES to Dawn for her Vertigo Beads!
Old 2008-05-03, 8:42am

Corrected shirts are up!
Old 2008-05-04, 5:27pm
Superkitty

Are the coffee mugs available for order again this year? I just love the coffee mug I got last year. It's my favorite one!
Old 2008-05-05, 3:30am

Any volunteers to organize the bulk buy on the shirts?

I'm sorry, but for a variety of reasons, I simply can't be in charge of the bulk buy.
Old 2008-05-05, 3:39am

Here you go Deb -- I added mugs!
Old 2008-05-05, 7:48am
Crispy Critter

Yes to silver-cored beads!
Yes to felted beads!
Yes to mugs!

Old 2008-05-06, 9:25am

Bummer news... John and Jan won't be able to come this year after all... We're down to a cozy 19 so everyone will have a little more room.

Old 2008-05-06, 10:41am
Crispy Critter

Aw, that's too bad. I was really looking forward to them being there.

Old 2008-05-07, 6:43am
Crispy Critter

Are we going to do a gift exchange this time?

Old 2008-05-07, 8:11am

If enough folks want to do one than go for it... If you want to be in charge you should post it in the Yahoo group so everyone sees...

Old 2008-05-07, 9:06pm
Superkitty

Am I correct? Only 8 more days!!! Woo-hoo!!!
Old 2008-05-14, 7:09am

We're almost there! I want to make sure that everyone has access to the Yahoo group. In the File section are directions to the Cabin and my cell phone number. Please PM me if you don't have that information before I leave tomorrow afternoon.

See you soon!!

Old 2008-05-14, 9:47am

Is there anything else we need?

Are we doing the Garage Sale table or the Goodie Bag Swap this year?

Don't forget to bring your trade beads!!!
Old 2008-05-15, 6:53am

I just posted the address to the Cabin in the File section under Cabin Directions. You should also be getting it in an e-mail. See you soon!!