Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-08, 7:41am
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Question In a World of Blogs :: Becoming a Better Blogger?

Blogs seem to be a necessity these days, and most every 'successful' person, (be it photographer or glass artist) whom I follow has one. And while I have had one for a while now, I dont update it as I should. Mostly because writing is a difficult area for me. Sure I can type/talk all day long, probably much to your irritation, but to create a short story that compliments the pictures that I am posting is usually pretty difficult.

Since I am updating/rebranding my website at themodernmutt.com (I took the plunge and changed everything while getting rid of the 'images by' stuff), I am setting new goals both for the website and the blog. For the website, I am going to be ruthless in what I post in galleries. In times past I was so anxious to get stuff up that I would overlook stuff, then look back and think to myself 'really'? For the blog, my goal is to update it with good content as often as possible, and keep it interesting.

My only problem is that I'm not a writer.

So if you have a blog, how did you become a better blogger? Did it just come natural for you? Did you take a class?

Also, what helps you create your blog entries? Do you keep a 'blog book' of ideas that you write down as you think of them?

And do you think that you should keep your blog strictly 'business' oriented, as in only post things about your artwork or products? Or do you post other things like events you may attend during personal time, or things that happen to you personally, outside of the business?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-08, 8:36am
In spite of it all!

When you say "ruthless".... what is it your REALLY saying?

It's good to grow as we get experience and age to a nice maturity. Good for you to update things. It will make people take you much more seriously.

Don't worry about NOT being a writer. Keep plugging away at it... it will happen sooner then later that way.

Though I am not convinced that a blog is right for me (yet) I have written a few articles for a glass magazines and that seemed to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Possibly write a short one as if you will submit it. Then if it turns out to your liking submit it to the Flow or the Annealer. Nothing like a good publication to boost the confidence!

Hugs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey