Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-03-22, 4:10pm

Question Silver tags?

I have been making bracelets and earrings with my lampwork beads. I also use sterling silver with them. Should I tag my work with sterling silver tags? I have a stamp that I can use but can't find it. If you do tag your work, do you make your own tags? I bought some in the past but they are very expensive. Any advice would be great. Thanks a bunch, Julie.
Old 2007-03-22, 4:27pm

I use those expensive tags ... I buy them plain and stamp with my expensive stamp and then sell the work at the appropriate price - expensive!

I think it's a quality call ... not everyone sees the difference but there are people who do and those usually become my customers. I've thought about doing less but my pride just won't let me do it ...

Sadie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-22, 4:47pm

Thanks Sadie, I'm still looking for my stamp. I have 3 tags left and more bracelets than tags. I get my tags from Rio Grande. I have'nt seen them anywhere else. Is there another supplier who has them? I'm still new at this but I'm feeling better about my work. I want it to be nice and of good quality. I have'nt started selling yet but hope to soon. Thanks again, Julie.
Old 2007-03-22, 4:58pm

Yes ... you can get them at MicrostampUSA - in fact I think they make them for Rio but they're not any cheaper. A few more choices in shapes and materials ... I've tried to find some stainless steel ones for a cheap range of jewelry but have been unsuccessful.

Sadie

Old 2007-03-22, 5:03pm

Thanks Sadie. I will have to check them out.
Old 2007-03-22, 5:10pm

I have a friend who (lucky her) sells most of her jewelry through a rep. The rep told her that for higher-quality jewelry, a lot of stores won't buy it unless it has a tag - I guess to prove that it was made by an artist and not mass-produced somewhere. She and I both had tags made by someone, but I was not that thrilled with mine and would recommend going through a company like Microstampusa that can make the stamp from your digital image

Old 2007-03-22, 5:25pm

Thanks Robin. So they can personalize your tags for you? That would be cool.