No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-03-15, 10:42am
High Maintenance

Default My new studio

Some of you know that I was working on redoing my basement which is where my hot glass studio is. I finally finished it this past weekend and thought I would show it off.

Before - Notice I have both my fusing and torching tables on one wall.

And here is the After - I changed my ventilation around to make it work better. Please note, the propane is only in the basement while I am working, it is in the before and after pics because I was going to work right after taking the photos.

And with the rearranging of stuff I now have room to set up my glass and scroll saws.

If you want to see the entire basement cleanup check out my blog. I have a lot more pictures there.
Old 2008-03-15, 9:53pm

Not safe to have propane in there even if it's only when you work. Dont cost much to run hose to outside. If you survive a misshap your insurance may not pay if something happened. Thank it over. Just a sugestion. Not being nosy.
Old 2008-03-15, 9:55pm
I'm a lilac!

Wow, it looks great! I love the brick and the high ceiling, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-15, 10:13pm
Entropy increasing....

Fabulous!
Old 2008-03-16, 1:21am

A Guy had a 20# bottle of propane in his basement and it had a leak he did not know about. Well he lit a cigar down in the basement and guess what. HE DOES NOT HAVE A HOUSE ANY MORE. IT BLEW THE WHOLE HOUSE APART. Insurance did not pay to rebuild.

Mega-Minor, Mid Range on M15 OXYCON,PP

Old 2008-03-25, 8:23am
Practicing perfect

After reading some of the posts in the "Studio". I will definately be moving my propane tank in the very near future. I have my studio in a very crowded garage I share with my very messy unorganized DF. aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Someday, I plan on having one of those cute little cottage type studios, in my dreams anyway! and.... everybody knows sometimes dreams come true.

Great studio by the way! Very organinzed and lots of space to move around in, especially when the hot glass decides to spit at you.

Inez