MARBLE

First Place Brad Brandolino
Second Place Akihiro Ohkama
Third Place Joshua Mazet

WEARABLE

First Place Laurie Nessel
Second Place Jonathan Holoway
Third Place Rashan Jones

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 2007-02-08, 7:39am

Congratulations to all those talented winners.. Way to go!!!

Old 2007-02-09, 11:05am
ManBearPig

Brad Bandolino? That's not you is it, Anakin? I know your first name is Brad. Never heard your last name, though...

Old 2007-02-09, 2:39pm
Boldly going

Yep. I must plead guilty. That's me.

Much to my surprise, I won the marble category. I was just happy to finish my marble without breaking anything or causing bodily injury to myself or others, hehe. I didn't know what I was going to make until about an hour before the flame off. I decided to go "all in" and do something I've never done before. I guess it paid off. All in all it was a fun experience.

Brad

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

|
|
|
Old 2007-02-09, 4:29pm

We would love to see a picture of the winning marble???!!!! Congratulations.

Old 2007-02-09, 6:23pm
Boldly going

This is the only pic I have yet. Supposedly better pics of all the entries will be available soon on the Sonoran Art Academy web site.

It's a 2" marble with a variation of my air trap anemone implosion done in Momka's Green Envy. The anemone springs out from the center of a swirling three color vortex (lapis, teal, light blue). The back was done with GA Cobalt I and had a multicolor pinwheel/flower design which included GA Teal Sparkle for a little bling.

This pic is not so great as far as color goes and can't show the depth of the vortex. I'm hoping more and better pics will be made available soon.

I'd say it was one of my better marbles and I do plan to repeat the design in several color schemes.

Brad

|
|
|
Old 2007-02-09, 6:39pm

Wow!!! Veeeeeery Nice!!! Congrats!

Warmly, Marie C
Old 2007-02-12, 11:47am

Congrats!!!! Nice looking marble Brad!!! What was the prize???
Old 2007-02-12, 4:55pm
Missing presumed fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin's Glass Eye View Post
air trap anemone implosion
I have trouble even saying "air trap anemone implosion."

Pretty darn amazing.

Waiting for those big fancy photos . . .
Old 2007-03-11, 5:39am
boro color bender

Congrats Brad!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-03-12, 9:49am
I WISH I had that figure!

AMAZING!!

My eBay auctions: