Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-12-19, 1:09pm

Smile 2009 International Flameworking Conference, featuring Shane Fero

Just keep watching the school's site... the full details are not up yet. The annual event is really a great one not to be missed! It will take place the weekend of March 20th through the 22nd, 2009.

Here's a link for the glass center at Salem CC: http://salemcc.edu/glass/flameworking/index.html

The conference generally starts the evening of Friday and ends by 3pm on Sunday, in case you want to start planning for air travel. It's a wonderful event I highly recommend! Last year the whole conference was just $95 to attend. It includes two continental breakfasts and two sack lunches. If you want to attend the banquet, that's extra. They offer discounted rates at a couple local Holliday Inns if you mention the conference.

Contact Mickey Mc Allister at the school for more details or to be on their mailing list. I bring it up now, as by the time they do the mailing, air fares can get high and rooms may be all booked up. If I can answer any questions, feel free to ask. I've attended a majority of these events. It's very low key and enjoyable. The attendees vary from all walks of glass life... collectors, Paul Stankard supporters, renown lampworkers, fabulous marble makers and beadmakers.

To fly there, the Philladelphia Intl. airport is the closest.

Hope to see some of you there!

Ofilia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-22, 12:07pm

Pooh. I am finally over my bridge phobia but too busy to go!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-12-24, 10:50am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Pooh. I am finally over my bridge phobia but too busy to go!

Paula

Bravo, Paula ! That's great you are over the bridge phobia, especially with all the bridges you will be crossing in Venice! Well, maybe next year you'll get to attend this conference. It's really a very low key and enjoyable experience.

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-05, 12:13pm

Smile

Here's an update on the conference schedule:

http://www.salemcc.edu/glass/flamewo...09schedule.pdf

Hope to see you there!!

Ofilia

Old 2009-01-08, 2:04am
Scientific Glass Girl

word on the street is that a certain caitlin hyde will be a presenter. i love caitlin and marshall.. i can't wait to see them there.

i can't wait for the IFC!

Old 2009-03-26, 12:52pm

It was another wonderful conference. Here are my pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/taalfaro...ingConference#
Old 2009-03-29, 7:16am

Wink

Nice, Tracy!! Yes, it was amazing!