Wonderland sounds fun...

Talking My Lil Studio Space

With.... PINK walls! hehe!

The Glass Wall

The Glass Stash

The Lil Dragon

The Cooker

The Barren ... Jewelry Table

I still have some organizing to do but it's presentable enough to show finally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2011-04-08, 8:03am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Lookin pretty sweet.... except for the ventilation. I'm not so sure that fan setup will adequately protect you. you might want to rethink that part of your studio. Also might think about having a fire extinguisher handy.
Congrats, PJH
Old 2011-04-08, 8:07am
Salt Box Beads

Super duper! Those beautiful blank walls are just begging for frit shelves, more glass shelves, posters, pegboard with lots of tools....argh argh argh...

Sorry...... I get carried away when I see blank walls , open floor space.

You have a wonderful studio.
Old 2011-04-08, 8:14am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Ventilation was done according to Dale's specifics on artglassanswers ... unless he suggests a change, I'm good. The fan actually pulls a lot out the window. Its only temporary until the vent comes in anyways. Not sure how much torching I'll be getting in over the next several months... sad to have the new studio and not be able to use it much yet... thats ok.. I can make jewelry! Gotta think positive!

I know what you mean about the walls... that's next! hehe!

Thanks for the compliments.

*+.+*
Old 2011-04-09, 7:42am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I have every confidence in Dale's advice so if it is to his specs then I'm sure you'll be OK. Again, congrats on the great studio space.... make some time to play
PJH
Old 2011-04-09, 1:33pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Its not time that Im lacking. Its ability. 26 weeks prego and on modified? bedrest. If it is such a word. Been in and out of hospital with preterm labor. Only supposed to be out of bed for necessities and as much as I tell hubby glassmaking IS a necessity, he won't believe me. LOL. I can make jewelry lying down tho, just cant really use the space yet. I can be patient though. It was a long time coming and I'm just happy walking by and looking at it.

*+.+*
Old 2011-04-09, 2:19pm

Not so sure I agree with the carpet or no hardibacker or atleast ceramic tile on your work space. Hopw you have a big fire extiguisher handy! One hot bead halls out of the kiln onto the carpet and you don't know about it and poof!

Atleast it looks like there is still carpet in the room?

Last edited by BAGGEDCHEVYS; 2011-04-09 at 2:43pm.
Old 2011-04-10, 8:33am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGEDCHEVYS View Post
Not so sure I agree with the carpet or no hardibacker or atleast ceramic tile on your work space. Hopw you have a big fire extiguisher handy! One hot bead halls out of the kiln onto the carpet and you don't know about it and poof!

Atleast it looks like there is still carpet in the room?
Not sure what hardibacker is? And yes, you are right about the carpet. That's also on my list for when I get back to work after the baby is born. We are actually going to take the carpet out of the entire house. Carpet is such a pain with kids. And always have a fire extinguisher, ever since I started 8 years ago. Luckily haven't had to use it once.

*+.+*
Old 2011-04-10, 10:35am

Hardibacker is cement board its used in bathrooms and can be picked up at any home improvment store for under 20 bucks. Also check the safety room I posted a link to unmanned fire extinguishers that mount oun the ceiling or wall. The ceiling mounted ones can be recessed so only the nozzle sticks out. They are 149 dollars worth of some peace of mind.
Old 2011-04-10, 1:18pm

another suggestion...I have ceramic and porcelain tiles laid across my bench to cover the wood. since I'm not concerned with looks - these tiles cost less than $1 each. a couple of them were free since the store had given them to me when we were re-doing our bathroom.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:52am

I got a 3' x 4' sheet of a steel for my table top for $10 at the local iron supply place, easy peasy.
Old 2011-04-18, 11:25am
Looking for my waistline

The hardibacker is pretty ugly, but get yourself some cement stain and stain it before you put it up. Don't use paint or varnish. Cement stain is powder and you just mix it with water.

Run two or three strips of 1" x 3" horizontally along the wall and make sure they're drilled into the studs. Space them so that when you put up the hardibacker you can attach the hardibacker to the strips along the top and bottom (and middle if you run three strips. Not only would you have a gypsum-based cement firewall between your torch and the wall, you'll have a dead air space as a double measure against heat discoloration to your wall.