Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-10-07, 2:08pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Moretti Nessi Ice

I have a slew of this glass and I have no idea why. I cannot find it on supplier's www sites either. Has it been discontinued? Is it cool?

Is it worth $50 a pound now ( crossing fingers)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-07, 3:06pm
sunscreen me baby

How did you get a lot of it? I found an old thread that said it was a give away only. A dark version of the blue lagoon?

Here is the thread. But I don't know what it's worth, sorry.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93714

~

Old 2010-10-07, 3:10pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I purchased it from a local supplier.

Old 2010-10-07, 3:14pm
Certified Glassaholic!

I purchased some of this from Frantz back in the Fall of '09 for $45/lb

Old 2010-10-07, 9:33pm
Lampworkaholic!

I'd also like to know if it's cool. I have two versions of it and have never melted it since I wasn't sure what to do with it and didn't want to waste it.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-10-07, 10:23pm
I like to melt things

It's awfully dark... it's transparent, but not very, and a little streaky. Even over White or Clear it's still really dark. The earliest version was a little lighter had a lot of green in it, but I think the stuff you have is mainly a dark, dense streaky blue.

I have two rods of it left that I've been sitting on, but I'm not sure what to do with it either. lol

-
-
Old 2010-10-08, 5:49am

I have a lb of it that I got instead of black with an order. I melted one rod, went wtf, and there it sits.
Old 2010-10-08, 6:44am
Gimme that silver glass!

I love it for my murrini or twisties instead of dark . It's a very dense dark blue and if you overcook it, it webs and turns more green/blue. Great for stringerwork on white too.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-10-08, 2:15pm

The first one ended up being called a couple different names. It was more transparent than the second one that is the one that they sold. The 2 colors looked very different

Old 2010-10-08, 2:55pm
da General

It was called Blue Lagoon when it first came out - but another glass was sold as Blue Lagoon and for whatever reasons the original 591630 was never sold with the rest of the cool colors.

Here is a thread with some of the beads I made with the initial batch:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=14

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=34

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-10-08, 3:09pm
Melting

I bought from Frantz:

610 Nessi Ice
630 Laguna Blue
630t Laguna Blue Transparent

So is the 630 I bought from Frantz different than the original 630 you linked to Hayley?

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2010-10-08, 3:29pm
It's all about the color.

Here is my sample page with the 610 I got as a bonus for ordering from Frantz, and the 630 Laguna Blue I ordered. The 2 are not even close. Ignoring the color difference, Laguna reacts to Ivory and Reduces, and Nessi doesn't.
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads...etre/eff14.jpg

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-10-08, 3:34pm
Melting

Kay's look like mine.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2010-10-08, 3:46pm
da General

Teresa - the glass I used for those beads was renamed as 610 Nessi Ice. Laguna Blue is a medium sky blue as shown in Kay's chart.

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-10-08, 4:05pm
It's all about the color.

OK, I just found the original threads from when it was offered - cuz my memory sucks and I'm easily confused. Anyway, perhaps you'll be able to find out why you ordered it from these:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93714
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134299

I confused Blue Lagoon with Laguna Blue. I've never seen Blue Lagoon, nor heard of it except in the first thread I just mentioned - but assumed from what Mike said in the thread that it's the same as Nessi (see post #4). But I do know that Nessi is not Laguna Blue.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-10-08, 4:20pm
Melting

Thanks for clearing that up Hayley!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2010-10-08, 5:24pm
da General

This was the original Cool Colors List:
Mimosa Yellow 591640
Deep Mimosa Yellow 591641
Orange African Daisy 591642
American Beauty 591643
Marine Wave 591644
Green Tea* 591680
Strawberry Shake* 591681
Cherry Shake* 591682
Fossil or Rock Rock Rock* 591683
Tuxedo* 591684
Kiwi* 591620
Ice 591610
Blue Lagoon 591630
no name yet 591090

What was known as 591610 ICE (medium sky blue rod) was sold as 591630 Blue Lagoon (or Laguna Blue). The original 591630 Blue Lagoon (dark blue green rod) was never sold initially and became ICE, then Nessi Ice.

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-10-09, 10:38am
Semi Retired

Wow, Hayley your beads are gorgeous. They were perfectly shaped even in 2006. Now I will have to see if I have the Nessi 630.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
It was called Blue Lagoon when it first came out - but another glass was sold as Blue Lagoon and for whatever reasons the original 591630 was never sold with the rest of the cool colors.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=34

|

|

|

|

Old 2010-10-09, 10:41am
Jacqueline Parkes

Wow this thread has grown by leaps and bounds. So far I like the example where it has been used for the transparent layer of flower petals best, yum!

Old 2011-04-02, 8:33am
Wonderland sounds fun...

I just found 3 rods I have of Nessi Green and it's labeled as 610. I have no idea where I got it as they are the only rods I have with this type of label. Is this the same? Anyone have examples of beads with this?

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2011-04-02, 9:32am
da General

Karen Beth - take a picture of the rods so we can figure out which one your 610 is!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-04-02, 9:50am
Triumphantly Knit!

I figured out how to quote, woohoo, you click quote--duh

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=34[/quote]

all I can see, Hayley, is ooo-ooo-oooooooooooooooooooooooo

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-04-02, 11:18am
Live and Let Live

This is 610 Nessi Ice encased over a Light Blue base with a bit of green frit over top (at the top of the bead).

The rod looks dark blue unless you hold it up to the light. Then you can see it's more a green with whisps of dark blue throughout.

Old 2011-04-03, 10:31am
Formerly FishBulb

What a gorgeous colour! I guess it's extinct now, is it? Darn.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-04-03, 12:22pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

I'll take a picture as soon as my son charges the camera like I keep telling him, lol.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*