No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-09-28, 2:41pm
Moving On

Default Kiln Temperature Question

One of my customers who is using my handpulled COE 96 glass says that she is soaking at 960 for 30 minutes, and the beads are all drooping .. I always anneal my Gaffer and soft glass at 968 for at least an hour longer than I'm working, then ramp slowly to 800, hold for around 15 minutes, then slowly to room temp overnight.

My only thought is that possibly her kiln thermometer/pyrometer or whatever it is is not registering accurately. Is there any way to test the actual temp in her kiln without going out any buying some expensive tool?

I asked if her other soft glass is drooping, but haven't heard back yet. I know my glass, if anything, is stiffer than Effetre...so I'm quite confused.

Any thoughts or advice for me to pass on??

Thanks, Gail

p.s. I just heard back from her. She is cooling her beads in a fiber blanked and then (I assume) batch annealing. Her Moretti beads are NOT drooping I've never batch annealed, so have absolutely no info on this. HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gail Joseph; 2005-09-28 at 3:00pm.
Old 2005-09-29, 6:41am
Moving On

bump