Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-11-27, 12:20pm
Redbearmountain

Default Camera Issues!

Hello,

I have a canon Power Shot S1 Is now this camera is awesome and it takes awesome pictures but I don't think it has a macro setting that I can tell. Can I purchase a macro lens for this camera? Does anyone have this camera or know about this camera? Do I need to purchase another camera with a macro setting for my beads and jewlery photo's? Niya
Old 2010-11-27, 12:50pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/s1...is_the_ma.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-11-27, 12:54pm
Experimentalist

Thank goodness for Squid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-27, 2:39pm
Redbearmountain

Yes Laura, Thank goodness for squid! Wow! I sure appreciate the link you sent me. At least now I know I don't have to buy a new camera! My camera really is a good camera I bought it at a camera shop here. I told them I would be taking pictures of beads and jewelry and it is what they recommended! I even looked at my manual this morning went all thru it and no mention of macro or close up shots. Well thank you again squid!
Old 2010-11-27, 4:25pm
Mary Lockwood

I don't tell many people this, but I suspect that Squid wears a spandex suit with a big S on the front and a red cape.

Old 2010-11-27, 4:29pm
Mary Lockwood

And it's glittery.

Old 2010-11-27, 8:18pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Well, it for sure is glittery

OMG, that cracked me up.

Oh - and you are very welcome!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-11-27, 8:37pm
Redbearmountain

My camera has lots of buttons I have never played with so I have a lot to learn. I am reading my user guide again. I read the link you gave me squid and it helped me alot. I will just keep playing and learning! Moth says I need to get rid of my plastic tub for a photo cube it's not sexy enough! So I better come up with something a little more sexy! LOL! Any ideas or do I just need to buy a photo cube? Maybe I should just use a white bag like Moth! That sounds very sexy!
Old 2010-11-30, 8:26am
Mary Lockwood

You can still use the tub....just put something inside it so you can't see the tub. LOL

I use a plastic bag but here is one of my pictures inside the plastic bag:

LOL, see...no plastic bag.

~~Mary

Old 2010-11-30, 1:38pm

Mary,I never would have guessed,,,how fab is that.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2010-11-30, 6:47pm
Redbearmountain

Let the frog out of the bag Mary? Ha! I am glad to see you have come out of the bag.LOL! Great beads and pictures! Just awesome!
Old 2010-11-30, 7:58pm
Mary Lockwood

LOL, I have not come out of the bag. That frog is still in the bag. LOL

Old 2010-11-30, 9:35pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Mary, those are awesome!! And you can tell eveyone about your photo backgrounds...I couldn't find mine today, and just printed them again!!

Oh, and Red, I have a 20 or 30" tent you can have for the taking...it was way too big and I ordered the 12" which is almost too small! LOL I would have sent it to Mary, but she does fine with her plastic bag!! I would love to hear how you do that.....

Pat
Old 2010-12-01, 10:24pm
Redbearmountain

I guess we can call Mary the bag lady she isn't coming out! LOL! She didn't let the frog out either! Oh MY!LOL! I guess one little froggy made it out for the picture! I just have to try the bag thing I meant to last weekend it just never happened. So I need to get on it, then I might not want to come out either! LOL! I just might have a lot of fun in the bag we will see.
Old 2010-12-01, 10:27pm
Redbearmountain

Pat, are you calling me Red if so I would gladly take your cube if you don't want it. I can pay you for it or pay you for shipping just let me know! Niya
Old 2010-12-01, 10:30pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Just send me your address in a PM, Niya...what a beautiful name...I didn't see a name, so yes, that was for you!! Let me see how much shipping is, then I can see how generous I am going to be!!LOL
Pat
Old 2010-12-01, 10:32pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

BTW, I love your avatar.........very pretty....I live very near an Indian Reservation, and we always go to the big powwow in the summer...Tribes come from all over. Pat
Old 2010-12-01, 10:34pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Mary, I absolutely love those beads! Another frog for my "Moth" collection! I will have to give myself an after-Christmas present if they are still in your shop...........
Pat
Old 2010-12-01, 10:37pm
Redbearmountain

Hello Pat, We have seven reservations here in Montana and there are pow-wows going all year round here! I drum and dance! My dress is a brain tanned elk hide dress, the top is covered with real elk teeth and then I have ermine tails hanging all around the dress. My dress was tanned the old way so it looks old and I decorated it to look old. I am having a couple of new dresses made for this next season. so, then I will have three dresses for dancing. Tribes come from all over here too and from Canada. Thanks for the compliment! Niya