Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-05-09, 7:08pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Oh, Joan, I am so sorry we will miss you!! You were such a help this last year! ;(
We will keep the rest of the GS family updated best we can. Hugs and love!

Brenda, I know it can be intimidating but you did great last time! I think everyone gets a little nervous, at least it is over fast, right?

Time is flying, it is coming fast and I am scrambling too!

Penny, Jo,Melanie, Michelle, ME TOO...I am really getting excited, the line up of teachers ROCKS and sooo many great classes to choose from! We will have the bistro coffee bar plus the regular monster pot we consume every morning, I am ALWAYS up for coffee too

And a belated, super Happy Mother's Day to all, I had a really wonderful, pampered day with family yesterday, precious memories!

Glassy hugs, deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-09, 8:27pm

My biggest gift on Mother's Day was an entry into this event. I can hardly believe it, I read the email about ten times just to make sure. Its going to be great to meet all of you in person. Yippee!!

Old 2011-05-10, 12:29pm

. . . Joan.
Hopefully next year.

Michelle
Old 2011-05-10, 1:43pm
I'm meeeeelting

Joan, I'll miss you.

Deb, is this your first time? That's exactly how I felt my first year - I'd fully expected to be told I was on the waiting list and had to read the newsletter over and over to believe I was actually coming to GS. You're going to have SO much fun. You'll meet so many awsome peeps, make lifetime friends, try new things, go home with a ton of ideas of things to try and see all kinds of cool, crazy things going on around you.

Glad to see the rest of you repeaters on board for another great year!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2011-05-10 at 1:50pm.
Old 2011-05-10, 1:43pm

You all are the bestest and I have big alligator tears in my eyes...... I will so miss you all.... so, don't have any fun and I'll feel better.... lol....

Old 2011-05-10, 5:30pm

I am a virgin (for GS) This summer is going to fly by so fast lots of thing planned for July and August and then of to this glassy goodness. Funny how we felt the same way Felicia. We must be sista's from a different motha. lol Its going to be great hanging out with like minded people for that amount of time. All I can say is sweeeeeet!

Old 2011-05-10, 8:26pm

Leslie, sorry you're not coming this year, we'll miss you. And Lea...was really hoping you'd get back this year. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone...it's going to be great!! Of course I haven't figured out WHAT I'm going to demo, so no time to worry, yet (LOL). Actually, this year I'm not nervous...(I say that now, haha).

Deb - it was fun seeing you in Vegas and looking forward to coming back to Glass Stock. Hugs to all.
Melody

Old 2011-05-11, 12:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
I am a virgin (for GS) This summer is going to fly by so fast lots of thing planned for July and August and then of to this glassy goodness. Funny how we felt the same way Felicia. We must be sista's from a different motha. lol Its going to be great hanging out with like minded people for that amount of time. All I can say is sweeeeeet!
You are going to have the best time...think of your favorite spot on earth and multiply that times 1,000 Can't wait to meet up with you at Glass Stock
Old 2011-05-12, 9:11pm

GLASSS SSSTOCK!!!! WHAHOOO!!!! see you all there!
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2011-05-12, 9:12pm
I'm meeeeelting

Yay! The crazy sistahs will be in the house.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-05-12, 10:09pm

Whooohooooo!! Excited to see all you amazing, creative peeps again !
Old 2011-05-12, 10:17pm

Yea, im excited! I will be there too. Last year rocked!!
Old 2011-05-13, 4:07pm
Still makin' flowers...

Here's a shell I made right after taking Deb's class at GS last year.

Hey all! Show off what you made for the new folks!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-05-13, 4:51pm
Type ZZZ personality

Nice job Hannah! I made some of those, too. Very fun.
If ya'll get a chance to take Deb's shell class, DO IT!!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-05-13, 4:54pm
I'm meeeeelting

If I could blow tubing without holes when and where I don't want them, I'd be all over that class.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-05-13, 5:29pm

Hey, Felicia ~ If I can do it ~ anyone can! It's Deb's fantastic teaching that does the trick!

Old 2011-05-13, 5:31pm
I'm meeeeelting

You have no idea how badly I suck at tubing. I took a Roger Parramore class a couple of years ago and spent three days accidentally blowing holes in tubing. I really should give it another try at some point.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-05-14, 7:22am
Still makin' flowers...

Felicia: I was really tubing impaired. That's one of the many reasons I took the class. Deb's teaching is fantastic.

!
Old 2011-05-14, 9:18am
I'm meeeeelting

I know she's great. I watched part of her fish class my first year. I'll have to see what's available when I'm free.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-05-14, 11:54am
Still makin' flowers...

Updates finished on the Glass Stock West 2011 website. We finally have some really luscious photos from Margaret up there! Be patient with upload. There are a TON of photos on there.

Instructors, please double check to make sure your classes are correct. Email me if there is a really serious problem (goodrivergallery@aol.com). Instructors, also please remember to email Deb, if you haven't already, with your "most important" class pick and your response to her query on food.

For those of you who still want to come to Glass Stock, there are still a very limited number of spaces available.

http://debcrowley.com/gpage4.html

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-05-14 at 3:37pm.
Old 2011-05-16, 5:45pm
Type ZZZ personality

The text isn't wrapping. Is that just my browser?

Old 2011-05-16, 6:50pm
I'm meeeeelting

It's working fine for me.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-05-17, 6:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post
Hey, Felicia ~ If I can do it ~ anyone can! It's Deb's fantastic teaching that does the trick!
Do you need to be able to pull decent points? I did a tubing class my first year but was not so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
You have no idea how badly I suck at tubing. I took a Roger Parramore class a couple of years ago and spent three days accidentally blowing holes in tubing. I really should give it another try at some point.
But couldn't those holes be used in the shells?

Old 2011-05-18, 1:38am

Hannah,
That is such a beautiful shell! Deb's shell class is definitely on my list... along with a bunch of others. So hard to decide. I think I need to go to Glass Stock East too (I wish!)
Can't wait to see everyone again and live and breathe melting glass for awhile. Last year was my first year and it was all so inspiring.
Old 2011-05-18, 1:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

Okay, Leslie and Hannah, you've convinced me. The class just so happens to be in my one open time slot. I'm going to go for it, if Deb will put up with my ineptitude.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2011-05-18 at 1:53pm.
Old 2011-05-18, 3:22pm
Type ZZZ personality

Those shells are easier than they look. And no, you don't have to pull any points.

Here's my first one, with Deb's supervision:

Old 2011-05-18, 3:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

Nice!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-05-18, 8:34pm
Still makin' flowers...

The glass stock schedule is now online.

Please note, also, some changes in the intro section.

!
Old 2011-05-18, 8:36pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Okay, Leslie and Hannah, you've convinced me. The class just so happens to be in my one open time slot. I'm going to go for it, if Deb will put up with my ineptitude.
You'll do fine!

!
Old 2011-05-22, 10:05am
Always with a smile!

I'll see everyone there!

) and
)