Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-09-14, 8:04pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default ?'s regarding shipping charges on my website

I have a raffle going, and I'm offering free shipping for the participants of the raffle (buy a "ticket" for whatever item you want, then select raffle shipping at checkout).

Anyway, I just got my first order that's NOT for the raffle. They didn't pay for shipping, they selected raffle shipping. I emailed the buyer to let them know about the mistake, but now I feel bad that I bothered them about it. Should I just ship the item and forget about asking for the charges?

How can I explain it better on my website, that if you participate in the raffle, shipping is free, but if you DON'T, then you'll need to pay for shipping for the items that you purchase? I don't want to sound like a penny pinching freak, even though right now I am.
Old 2008-09-15, 9:41am
Master Procrastinator

You are NOT a penny pinching freak. You are only asking to be compensated for your shipping costs. I went to your site & see where it is clearly stated. The only other suggestion I have is for you to make it bold & possibly in another color if you can, like red. But definitely contact them & maybe copy & paste the message on your site pertaining to the raffle shipping.

BTW, Trevor is so handsome. I love the photo of him holding the baby. OK, I'm off to do some raffle shopping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-09-15, 10:03am
Master Procrastinator

And now that I'm done shopping I see that I forgot to also mention the beautiful picture of the 2 of you together. BTW, my son is a school psychologist in a middle/high school so if you ever need some advice, feel free to contact me.

Old 2008-09-15, 2:13pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Thanks so much for your raffle purchase!

Yes, he's very handsome (even if I am his mom and I'm biased). The other one (Miles) is also quite the looker. I think I'm going to have my hands full with the girls once they get a little older. Trevor's still going through the "cooties" stage with girls now, but I imagine that will change next year when he gets into 6th grade.

We've actually raised enough money at this point to buy a month's supply of just one of his medications - which is great! The Smiley heart tickets are almost all sold out. The last that I checked, there were only 5 left. I think that once something sells out, I'll just contact the people that purchased those tickets and do the drawing sooner. I think I scheduled the heart drawing for Oct. 1st, but I doubt that we'll make it that far with ticket sales.

I feel so blessed to be a part of such a great crowd of artists and people. I hope that I get to pay it forward someday.