LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-11-20, 12:29am
I speak Murrini!

Default Grich Bead Tutorial Now Available in my Etsy!

Hi All~

I'M SO EXCITED! It's finally ready! This 28 page Tutorial includes 71 step-by-step full color photos and demonstrates creation of both the "vertical hole" and "horizontal hole" versions! It can be found listed in my Etsy by following this link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62422247...lampworkers-by

So you are prepared, here is a list of the basic materials needed to create the Grinch Bead:

GLASS:

• 1-2 Full Rods Effetre “PEA GREEN” (4-6mm preferred)
• 1 Stringer Medium “OPAQUE YELLOW” or “OPAQUE RED” for Eyes (2-3mm).
• 1 Stringer of DENSE BLACK for Eye/Pupils; I use CiM “HADES” (2-3mm). “Intense Black” not recommended as it has a tendency to web and bleed.
• 1 Stringer each of Medium or Dark “OPAQUE RED” and “OPAQUE WHITE” for Hat (2-3mm)

TOOLS:

• Non-serrated edge "paring" knife
• "Curved" tool to shape Mouth, approximately ½” diameter. I use the end of my Italian Rod Holder, but you can use a piece of a larger diameter HOLLOW mandrel (1/2" min.) or Hollow Steel Tube.
• Non-serrated (smooth interior), non-pointy Tweezers
• Small Spatula (1/2” side of your marver will work too)
• Tungsten Pick, Whimzicalities Brass Tool or similar pointed tool
• Graphite or Brass Marver

PDF FILE SIZE: 1.29 MB

Thanks so much for your encouragement, patience and input. I hope everyone enjoys it!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2010-11-20 at 5:16pm. Reason: Correcting photo count... :)
Old 2010-11-20, 5:18pm
I speak Murrini!

UPDATE! So, thanks to my other thread and help from Loco, looks like there's no problem sending these from my "new" gmail account! Yay!!!!

Thank you to Irene, Barbara and Suzan for purchasing this so far! Please let me know if any of you haven't received it from my Altrionet.com email addy and I'll resend from gmail, ok?

Thanks everyone!

De

Old 2010-11-20, 6:02pm

This is a terrific looking tut, Dee. I just scanned over it quickly and the pics are great and steps, tools, glass selection all explained easily. Good job. This should be a popular one because it can get you into scuptural work which I myself have not done much.
Old 2010-11-20, 6:18pm

It is an amazing tutorial for sure! Great step by step instructions and wonderful pictures. Fantastic job De!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-20, 6:28pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks Pat and Rose! I agree...I think it's a great "sculptural" starting point! Helps you to learn to keep the bead hot and the details raised...without worrying about arms, legs, etc. flying hither-tither!

Old 2010-11-20, 7:10pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Dee, I love your tutorial list tag for materials...and can't wait to get the tut!!
Pat
Old 2010-11-22, 9:30am
I speak Murrini!

(From my other thread...thought it would be helpful/informative to post here too! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
Hi dee, the tutorial came thru to me perfectly...It looks like a wonderful tut. Great pics and very well explained. It should sell very well. I was thinking if you stopped at the first eye dots it could be a frog too. Heehee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Aw, thanks so much Pat and I'm glad it came through ok; I'm so gonna get loco () for being such a wonderful person and helping me with this! Of course, i mean that in a good way!

And yes, (on your "frog" suggestion) this simple "facial" sculptural technique can give you all kinds of ideas, can't it? I mean while i was making the tutorial, my daughter kept commenting "Hey, you could change that into a...!!!" We talked about how using various colors and not pulling the eye into the "evil" style (or even adding antennae, ears, etc.) could change this into a monkey, a frog, a honey bee, etc., so i sincerely appreciate you bringing that up (wink!).
To those of you who have bought it so far, I'd love to hear how you do with it! Remember, if you have any questions or need assistance, I'm here!

Old 2010-11-24, 6:18pm

Thank you De, whoot can't wait to try this.
Old 2010-11-25, 10:16am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks again everyone so far for purchasing my Grinch Bead Tutorial and I just restocked my Etsy. I'd sure love to see how everyone is coming along with it! (WINK!)

Old 2010-11-26, 4:42pm

Thumbs up Got my tutorial last Saturday!

Had a blast making 3 Grinches last Sunday. Of course, I still need some practice but your instructions were great as always. I think I have all of your tutorials now, each as good or better than the last one. Your instructions and pictures are so easy to follow. I will try to take a picture this weekend if I get time.
Old 2010-11-29, 2:48pm
I speak Murrini!

Aw, yay! Glad you enjoyed it! I'd love to see how you did!

Old 2010-11-29, 3:25pm

OMG hes sweeeeeeeeeet!! just checked out your shop....HOLY CRAP you are a murinni GOD!!! mad skills girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-15, 10:20pm
artiegirl

I was sooo hoping you would put out a tutorial for mr grinch I just got it I am so excited to try it out. Thank you De
Old 2010-12-20, 8:37pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

De, made my first Grinch today...looks kinda like a bulldog going in !!! LOL I think it is in the chin...Directions are wonderful...the next one will be better...and you are right, it took me about an hour, but so far haven't lost any parts!!!
My granddaughter was here today and begged me to try one..of course, she wants it...
Thanks again or a great tut...
Old 2011-11-11, 8:03am

anyway these are going to be sold again or were they limited edition?

Old 2011-11-11, 9:05am

I hopefully will be getting this....
The funny thing about this tutorial is that the pics of her grinch look a LOT like one of my bosses!! Especially the lower half of the grinch;s head> Round out the head a bit, change the color (duh) and somehow put glasses on him and we're all set

So I guess I NEED this TUT!

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2011-12-12, 2:02pm
Making doo-lollies

Lookit what I did with this awesome tutorial !!!
Now...that said...I am a newbie..been seriously torching since August...so I am pleased as punch.
Shown in order of work...from left to right. The huge ones were first as that was easier to learn with. I like the smaller ones best.

Thanks De for a fantastic tutorial at an incredible price !! You really rock