Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2015-01-31, 10:29am

Default Iditarod Beads on The Trail 2015 - it's ON!

Hi all,
Thanks so much for participating last year & welcome to all the new folks participating! We are doing it again and the Alaska Bead Society is helping us out.
Here are the quick and dirty details:
Make 12 beads (Iditarod or Alaska themed) and send them to
Artmosphere Studio
801 E 82nd Unit 16A
Anchorage, AK 99518

Make sure we have your name, mailing address, LE name, and website or FB name so we can thank you personally and online. Bead packaging dates are Feb 21 & 28, so cut off is Feb 27. Delivery will be on March 5. The race starts on March 7 in Anchorage (if we don't get some more snow soon, the start may be moved to Fairbanks though).

Two of your beads go to the musher to carry on the trail along with 10 pewter husky beads. The musher keeps one of the beads as a gift from the artist & the Hot Headed Honeys. The one that comes back goes into a display at The Children's Hospital at Providence in Anchorage and will eventually be auctioned off at a future fundraiser for Beads of Courage. The pewter husky beads go to kids right away along with a note of encouragement from the musher. Your remaining 10 beads are sold Buy One Give One (BOGO) at Artmosphere Studio's September Bead Challenge event. (the buyer keeps one and one goes into the Beads of Courage program) All of the money raised goes to Beads of Courage.

We'll post the musher/bead/artist list after the musher banquet which is on March 5 (that's when the bib numbers are assigned to the mushers). We'll post bead pics as they come in and race updates on the Hot Headed Honeys Facebook page. You can see pics form previous years races up there too!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to all! Keep an eye for updates here too from Laura Young!

Last edited by michellesadventures; 2015-01-31 at 10:37am.
Old 2015-01-31, 12:22pm
Lampworkaholic!

I'll play again.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2015-01-31, 12:44pm
flight risk

I'd love to play again, if the weather warms up. It was so much fun last year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-01-31, 1:14pm
Lifelong Student

I'm in...sound like fun!!
Old 2015-01-31, 3:47pm

I'll play!

Georgia
Old 2015-01-31, 6:41pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I'd love to play again!

Old 2015-02-02, 11:35am

I am in again

#C-151
Old 2015-02-02, 11:47am

My sons say I HAVE to do it. They've already selected the beads they want to send. I'll get them in the mail by the end of the week.
Old 2015-02-02, 9:48pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

So.....do uou routinely have Alaske or Iditarod themed beads in your studio? I'm still trying to come up with ideas....

Quote:
My sons say I HAVE to do it. They've already selected the beads they want to send. I'll get them in the mail by the end of the week.

Old 2015-02-03, 8:41pm

I'm in! I really enjoyed it last year. Thank you for doing it this year!
Old 2015-02-04, 11:41am

Me too!
Old 2015-02-04, 2:20pm

Quote:
So.....do uou routinely have Alaske or Iditarod themed beads in your studio? I'm still trying to come up with ideas....
Nope. I just got really lucky. I had some in blue and ivory with murrini on then that the boys said fit the theme because they were 'From the land of the midnight sun."
I'm sure the ones that are actually designed for the race will be a much better fit, but since i am doing this as a way to promote their education more than anything else, I'm going with it. You'd be amazed at what I have just laying around.
Old 2015-02-04, 9:23pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Wonderful when you can educate along with create! Fabulous!! We have our grandkids this weekend...might try that approach with them.....

Quote:
Nope. I just got really lucky. I had some in blue and ivory with murrini on then that the boys said fit the theme because they were 'From the land of the midnight sun."
I'm sure the ones that are actually designed for the race will be a much better fit, but since i am doing this as a way to promote their education more than anything else, I'm going with it. You'd be amazed at what I have just laying around.

Old 2015-02-05, 8:47am
Got Honey?

I'm in again! Last year was so much fun!

Old 2015-02-10, 5:24pm
Got Honey?

Here they are! In the mail tomorrow and ready to hit the trail!
Attached Images

Old 2015-02-10, 7:22pm
Melody of Glass

Very cute, Lezlie!

I'm in this year too. I did six today and hope to finish off the rest in the next couple of days and get them in the mail.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2015-02-10, 8:32pm

Beautiful Lezlie. They are deciding tonight if the restart is at Willow or up in Fairbanks. We've had very little snow this year, so I'm really hoping they move it north. It will be much better for the dogs.

Laura

Old 2015-02-10, 9:16pm

OH! I Love those ferget m' nots! What a wonderful design!!
Old 2015-02-11, 12:05am

Yay! Restart in Fairbanks. Need everyone's positive snow vibes for Fairbanks west to Nome.

Laura

Old 2015-02-11, 4:44pm
Got Honey?

YAY! Sending lots of snow vibes your way Laura!

Can't wait to see yours Melody!

Thank you Choc

Old 2015-02-15, 8:12am
Lifelong Student

I'm gonna have to withdraw my name from the list
Old 2015-02-15, 9:46pm

I'm sending 12 beads to you.
Thanks so much for letting me participate again!
ginger
Old 2015-02-16, 1:49am

Yay, thanks Ginger. We will watch for your package.

Laura

Old 2015-02-18, 10:08am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Mine went in the mail yesterday....should be to you on Friday! Hope they get there safely!

Old 2015-02-18, 3:33pm
Melody of Glass

My beads are on their way!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2015-02-18, 5:32pm
Lampworkaholic!

Mine will go in the mail tomorrow. Photo to come. Fantasy Salmon.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2015-02-20, 12:43pm
Lampworkaholic!

Swimming to Alaska?
Attached Images

Old 2015-02-21, 7:21pm
Got Honey?

Elizabeth, those are fabulous!!!

Old 2015-02-21, 9:03pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks Lezlie!

Old 2015-02-22, 9:14am

Fabulous Fishies!!

Tags
beads of courage, beads on the trail, boc, iditarod