Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2011-10-08, 4:17pm

Default Pics on LE

Mine are almost always too big or too many bytes or whatever and they won't upload here. I have my camera on the smallest size and the lowest pixel thingy. Sheesh I don't even know the terms. But anyway....I do some editing on Picasa, could this add to the "size" of the image, thereby not allowing the upload?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-08, 4:38pm
Mr Brutus RIP

I dont' know much about all that stuff but I can tell you that I size mine to 1000x1000
and then when I upload them to etsy or here they are ok........Here I have to use The manage attachments button instead of the image uploader.
HTH,
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-10-08, 5:10pm
Loving learning

When you save them (as a jpeg) change the quality setting to 80% and it should be OK.

I use Irfanview (free download) and make the size 640 or less on the largest side, picture quality 80% and that brings down the kb to within range.

What is the error message you get? Does it say the pixel size is above the range, or the kb size is above the range?
Old 2011-10-08, 5:13pm
Loving learning

PS. I don't set the camera on low quality, I want the quality in case I want them for something besides posting online.

In Irfanview, under "image", choose "change image size" and either click 640x480 or put the size you want in the left hand area for choosing your own, then "save as" and that's when a box will come up that you can change the image quality.
Old 2011-10-09, 3:39am
pedal as fast as you can

I use this sometimes. shrinkpictures.com

Old 2011-10-09, 11:26am

Well I changed the size. I even looked as I was saving it and it said it was 640 X something (smaller than 640). It would not upload. I did it 3 times. I think it may have something to do with the quality, don't you think?

Old 2011-10-09, 11:34am

I did it! I used shrinkpictures.com. Easy!
Thanks you guys!

Oh but it's really small....oh well, I'll work on it!

Last edited by truegem; 2011-10-09 at 11:36am.
Old 2011-10-09, 12:23pm
Loving learning

Yea!
(& the saving at 80% quality is important if you're making it 640x480 for sure when using Irfanview at least)
Old 2011-10-09, 2:41pm

Old 2011-10-09, 2:43pm

Old 2011-10-09, 2:44pm

Old 2011-10-09, 2:44pm

Just practicing, lol!
Thanks again!

Old 2011-10-09, 3:40pm
Tweedle Dumb

You can also load them to a host like photobucket then just use the link in your post. Tada. Picture.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2011-10-31, 4:38am
Mary Lockwood

When I post here I'm usually posting something that is either listed for sale somewhere, or already sold, or in a gallery so I just insert a link to the picture right where it is hosted.

Go to your picture on the internet and right click it. A drop down menu will appear. Click the option "Copy Image Location".

Now, open your LE posting box wysiwyg editor. See that little yellow box icon that looks like mountains with a sun over them? Click that. A pop up window will appear. Put your cursor into the text box and right click. Click 'Paste'.

This will paste the URL of your image into the text box. Click OK.

Your image should appear in your post as an actual image, it won't look like code, you will see your picture.

Finish your LE post and click 'submit reply'. Done.

Hope that helps.

~~Mary

Old 2011-10-31, 7:39am
Loving learning

But remember that if you link a picture here, and change your hosting in any way (even moving it around on your host site) the picture will disappear from LE ~ especially sad when it's a tutorial or something I think.