Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-03-15, 8:25am

Question Picasa2 Question

Hi, Could anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. When I try to crop a picture in Picasa, using the crop tool, I choose manual (even tried the 4x6 size) and crop it, but it also enlarges the picture. I really just want to crop it and not enlarge it. Does anyone know how to do this?

I've been looking in the help file which has tons of good info but I still have not found the answer to this. I need to move forward and I'm spending too much time on just one problem so had to ask here.
Thanks a lot,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-22, 7:53pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Get IRFANVIEW..... Much better tool, easier to work with and its free....

www.irfanview.com

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2008-03-27 at 9:14am.
Old 2008-03-22, 8:21pm

Angela, are you sure it's enlarging as well? It sort of looks bigger after it's cropped but if you check the size in the blue bar just below the picture you can see that it is indeed, smaller (at least when I just tried it that's what happened). To prove it, check the pixel size before the crop and after the crop in the blue bar.
Old 2008-03-23, 9:30am
Gentleman of Leisure

It could be a "trick" of Picassa ... Picassa may be enlarging picture to fit "standard size" frame.... So if looks bigger IN Picassa, real test is to save picture and then compare it next to unedited/uncropped picture.....

Never was real enthused with Picassa, It has some good features, it also stops short of being something it really could be....

Remember its basic just your family album organizer so you can purchase prints online.... Its a 'snapshot" fixer .... Not really for comprehensive photo editing....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2008-03-26, 9:43am

Kathy, Thanks for trying it. Your right. I didn't make myself very clear. I am able to make the size of the bead picture smaller, and upload, but the bead is bigger. I've even managed to pixelate <?> them. LOL!

Dale, Yup. It really is meant as an orginizer, and not my favorite either since it uses a continuous wrapped loop. I'll try Irfanview for resizing.

Thanks for the assistance,

Old 2008-04-22, 5:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Get IRFANVIEW..... Much better tool, easier to work with and its free....

www.irfanview.com

Dale
Dale, I got it. I tried it. And with absolutely no reading how to use it before hand, it worked! I love it.

I was actually reading a great article about cleaning up computers to make them run better and it was mentioned there too. He raved about it. So I aborted my computer clean up to get the program.

If you hadn't mentioned it first, his comments wouldn't have caught my attention.
Yippee! And thanks!