LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-03-20, 2:50pm

Default Who sells boro? and ships to the UK!

I am really keen on giving boro a try! I am pretty sure I missed out on those bargain bags of Mr Smilies unfortunately. So could you point me in the right direction for someone who sells boro, maybe a starter variety pack or shorts or something to play with. also where's the best place to buy clear boro?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-20, 2:58pm
hooked, completely!!!

behave yourself - you shouldn't be stressing all these nice folks out on here!!!! besides, do you want us to have a hunt around our suppliers - we have a few deals going down at the moment that you could piggyback on!!

Old 2007-03-20, 3:49pm
-boring beads-

Hi Ellie,

http://www.lbsupplys.com/boro.htm...in addition for each order they are going to donate to Jan (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48753)
They ship to Germany, therefore probably to the UK, too...

Uroboros at Howaco, sample packs...shipping to Europe, too:

http://www.howaco.com/

Hope this helps,

Anastasia
Old 2007-03-20, 4:09pm

Hi Ellie,
Plowden and Thompson in Stourbridge sell clear boro and have some Glass Alchemy 10" rods. I may have a few shorts you can play with, I'll have a look tommorrow.

Old 2007-03-20, 4:09pm

Cosmo ships to the UK too, soleiletlune.com and does mixed sample packs.

Old 2007-03-20, 4:53pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblebabeuk View Post
I am really keen on giving boro a try! I am pretty sure I missed out on those bargain bags of Mr Smilies unfortunately. So could you point me in the right direction for someone who sells boro, maybe a starter variety pack or shorts or something to play with. also where's the best place to buy clear boro?

Contact Chris Windsor at Phatty Glassworks

http://www.phattyglassworks.com/

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2007-03-21, 12:11am

Thanks everyone for the list of suppliers any suggestions on what size clear rods to buy? and clear tubing? it all comes in soooooo many different sizes and wall thicknesses, what would be the most useful and versatile?

Old 2007-03-21, 5:55am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Try www.sansiera.nl,

Site is in dutch but her english is excellent, she has a nice selection of GA colors, and clear. For beads I always use the 4 and 5 mm rods, and the 3 mm for decoration. Haven't used tube yet ( well... just once and I'd rather not talk about it lol)

Old 2007-03-21, 6:12am
ManBearPig

I ship to the UK all the time.

E-mail or PM me and let me know what types of things you want to make and I can suggest types and sizes of clear, colors, or whatever else...

Old 2007-03-21, 6:24am
-boring beads-

Ha...Suzanne...but I can read that...glasstaven...Bookmarked it...looks like a cool option...

Ana
Old 2007-03-21, 10:42am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

You've got to be frikkin kidding me! You are telling me you didn't know about Sansiera *shame on me*

Old 2007-03-21, 10:59am
-boring beads-

Nope...I didn´t...but now I do....