Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-03-21, 4:41pm

Default Does Moody Blue Storm?

I just bought some of the new Moody Blue glass from Bella Donna and the Storm Tutorial from AKDesigns. I haven't had a chance to try either one yet. Has anyone tried "storming" Moody Blue? Will it work with Moody Blue? Thanks for any input! Mike
Old 2011-03-21, 5:12pm
Life is change. Love it

Honestly, I would doubt it, but give it a try on a test bead - you won't be wasting much glass if it doesn't work

I haven't used this tutorial for a long time, but the storming glass I used was Olympia Rain, and maybe Aion?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-21, 9:28pm

Well ... after a little work ... and thought!

I think the MB will storm. ... It reduces well ... somewhat over reduces if you wish it to and that is a good place for storming to begin.

Guess you need to try it out yourself. But I think the properties of it will work well.

Old 2011-03-22, 5:30pm
Triumphantly Knit!

what is storming?

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-03-22, 5:35pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by irjc View Post
what is storming?
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=140277

Old 2011-03-22, 5:39pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Here is a gallery thread showing the results:

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140300

and here is a link to the tutorial:

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140277

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-03-22, 7:07pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Thanks. I saw the taking silver glass by storm and didn't realize it was a technique...those are vurry vurry purrrty.
Ooooo, so MANY things to try, so many things to look forward to.

Namaste

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-03-24, 10:01am
Storm Queen

Mike, I don't have Moody Blue but I plan on getting some soon to try. My guess is that it would storm no problem. It would just be a question as to how much storming would be required for good results. It may be more like Triton and Psyche where it would require really heavy storming but I wouldn't know until I get to try it.

Old 2011-03-24, 10:02am
Storm Queen

Ohhh...I wonder how it webs?

Old 2011-03-25, 9:48pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Hmmmmmm...........I have some sitting on my work bench...........must get to torch.....must get to torch......

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2011-05-21, 9:32am

Thanks, Carolyn, for putting up the link for Amy's "Taking Glass By Storm" tutorial. I just bought it, and read thru it. It is VERY informative. I will be trying her techniques today.

Linda
Old 2011-05-21, 10:20am
hot stuff

If someone gets it to storm - please post it for us