LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-12-15, 4:59pm
Growing Edge Glass

Default Trouble with Paypal shipping labels?

Is anyone else having difficulty printing shipping labels in Paypal?

I get right up to hitting "print" and then a window comes up saying the website is not available. I assume that is the USPS?

I've called paypal and they can't figure it out. I've tried it using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I've shut down my Firewall...cleared cookies/browsing history and enabled pop ups.

The only thing I haven't done is sacrifice a goat on an alter and since I'm a pacifist who saves spiders in my house....I thought I would ask all you brilliant people instead. : )

Haaalp! Anyone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2012-12-15, 5:06pm

That happens to me every once in awhile (Chrome). I just back up and try it again. So far (knock-on-wood) that does the trick.

Old 2012-12-15, 5:11pm
Growing Edge Glass

Thanks Rebecca...yeah I've been able to do that a few times but it seems the last week it hasn't worked for me. When I spoke with the tech guy at Paypal he said..."oh you don't want to use chrome to print your shipping labels, it has way too many issues".

I thought that was odd considering, well, it's paypal and chrome.....they can't play nice together? Anyway...

So...Internet Explorer is doing the same thing to me. I'll dive back in tomorrow to see if I can find the issue. Such a pita!

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2012-12-15, 5:35pm

When I first started to use Chrome I had major issues with paypal shipping and had to go back to IE. It sort of fixed itself I guess. Glitchy things.

Old 2012-12-15, 5:45pm
Growing Edge Glass

Yeah...the tech guy asked if i had Firefox on my pc as well. I don't but might check that too. I just googled to see if anyone was talking about complaints recently...bunches of people are complaining..and they use all sorts of browsers.

One person said that since ebay owned paypal, and there seemed to be no complaints about printing shipping labels via ebay, that this was about preferential treatment. Etsy sellers are put on backburner when they want to print a label. Who knows if that's true or not? Or even possible?

I don't know how all that stuff works really...I just want to make pretty things and sell them..print the label and NOT want to kill someone while attempting to do it!

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2012-12-16, 8:29am
Sheila Davis Designs

I've had this issue too, but like Rebecca, I just hit the backspace button and try again. It always works for me. Have you used Etsy shipping labels?

Old 2012-12-16, 8:39am
Mr Brutus RIP

I use chrome and have no issues at all with the new label shipping. Before they started it tho I could absolutely not print a label from paypal using chrome it would only print the sample label with the big red sample. Used a ton of my ink up
I would have to open IE and do it that way.

I really like the etsy shipping now.....cheaper too.
Have you given that a try?
sue

Old 2012-12-16, 11:03am
I speak Murrini!

I find this happens occasionally especially during Holidays. It may be that the system is working overtime and the "back button, try again" method helps you to reattempt your printing (actual processing and purchase of the label) at a millisecond when there aren't 10,000 other people also printing Maybe?

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-12-16, 12:52pm

I think it's more of a USPS issue. When I first started using Firefox I couldn't print labels from USPS. So I switched back to Safari. It's improved, although I usually get a saved file instead of a new window.

Maybe that's what's happening - there's a file downloading in the background with chrome?

Dori

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Old 2012-12-16, 5:46pm
Growing Edge Glass

Thanks everyone!

I will look into Etsy shipping, I have not done that yet..thanks for the tip!!

I haven't used the 'back' button either so that's another option I guess.

I do think it does have something to do with the holidays...all the labels being printed. We'll see what happens after the holidays..in the meantime I'll check Etsy shipping and try the back button too.

I'm not sure if there is a file downloading in the background Dori...it is possible. I've noticed Chrome is always doing something!

Thanks again everyone and I hope Santa is good to you all!

-jewelry~~~
~~~