Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-05-14, 1:02pm
Angie09

Default Can I Do This?

I want to make sugar beads with a Bullseye (90 Coe) base bead and use Reichenbach (96 Coe) Lead Crystal....am I going to end up with cracking?
Old 2014-05-14, 2:04pm
Artistically Absorbed

Probably, I do some with 96 on Effetre and they don't pop off. Just make sure you make sure they are on well with some flashes of heat after you do your initial roll.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA Artist A64

Old 2014-05-15, 7:41am
Glass-aholic

Yes. You should have no issues. Keep the 25% rule, or whatever #% you use it with 104. (I know that # varies with different peoples reads and or options. )

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-05-15, 8:59am
just another glass addict

From what I understand a higher coe can hold on to a lower one (104 can take a little 96) because the higher number expands and contracts more, but a lower coe can not "hold onto" a higher one for the same reason. Your frit will probably expand more than the base and crack off or just crack, but if it were me I would have to try it and see for myself no matter what anyone else said.

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2014-05-15, 9:01am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonart glass View Post
From what I understand a higher coe can hold on to a lower one (104 can take a little 96) because the higher number expands and contracts more, but a lower coe can not "hold onto" a higher one for the same reason. Your frit will probably expand more than the base and crack off or just crack, but if it were me I would have to try it and see for myself no matter what anyone else said.
This.

Old 2014-05-15, 1:37pm
Artistically Absorbed

Hmm...I am going to have to try that now to see. That is a good thing to know!

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64