Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-12-22, 10:06am

Default workstation?

My Creation Station - one of the originals with the rounded wooden wrist supports - just broke. Well, actually I was trying to adjust the tension, and the arm torqued off.

So....before I rush out and buy another, I was wondering if there's anything newer and greater out there. I'm also concerned a bit about the newer Creation Stations - is the tension for the wrist rests still adjustable? Or do they hold the tension well on their own? Nothing worse than expecting it to support the wrist and then *flop!*

Or, of course, if anybody has one of the oldie but goodie ones they'd like to sell....

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-12-22, 11:08am
Melody of Glass

I have this creation station: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18082
Is that the "new" one? I bought it this year.

Love it. I bought it a few months after I started torching and have no idea how I worked without it. The tension is adjustable with bolts at the bottom of the arms. I do tighten one or the other of them maybe every 4th session or so. I've not have one give but you can feel them loosen slightly over time. I'm not sure if I tightened it really tight if they would loosen over time but I like to be able to push them around a bit into different postions so I leave them a little looser to begin with.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-12-24, 8:39pm
Can't you see I'm busy???

Don't give up on that Creation Station - you may be able to fix it by just buying a new lock nut for the bottom side....
Old 2012-12-25, 1:30pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
I have this creation station: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18082
Is that the "new" one? I bought it this year.

Love it. I bought it a few months after I started torching and have no idea how I worked without it. The tension is adjustable with bolts at the bottom of the arms. I do tighten one or the other of them maybe every 4th session or so. I've not have one give but you can feel them loosen slightly over time. I'm not sure if I tightened it really tight if they would loosen over time but I like to be able to push them around a bit into different postions so I leave them a little looser to begin with.
I've got the same one, I don't know how I ever worked without it

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-12-29, 7:06pm
Fire Monkey

Pamela, you might give Jim at Blue Moon a call and see if he has parts or advice on fixing it. I have the original and I've tried the newer ones. I like the original best for comfort.

Old 2012-12-29, 8:05pm
GLASS ADDICT

can anybody post a picture of the original one pleaseeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-12-29, 8:10pm

For those that use the creation stations, doesn't it prohibit you from moving your hand back and forth under the flame?

Kirsti
Old 2012-12-29, 10:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbeads View Post
For those that use the creation stations, doesn't it prohibit you from moving your hand back and forth under the flame?

Kirsti
Nope.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-12-30, 8:47am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbeads View Post

Kirsti
The arms swivel and you easily can fold them flat.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-02, 7:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
The arms swivel and you easily can fold them flat.
Thanks!
Old 2013-01-02, 7:41pm

$5 and a trip to Home Depot and you should be back in business. Just take the bolt and the blind nut with you.

Old 2013-01-02, 7:42pm
I'm a lilac!

LOVE my ancient Creation Station! When I went to a standing workbench for my back's health, I had to put it in semi-retirement on my secondary torch because of height issues, but man that thing was a miracle for all the many long years I used it.