Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-12-22, 11:47am

Default Is a special bead for the loss of a sibling?

My Daughter-in-law, just lost her 20 year old brother this morning. He wasn't feeling good and she took him to the walk-in clinic on Wednesday. They decided he had an infected tooth. He was back in the ER Friday night here at the local hospital. He was taken from the local hospital to the University of Michigan Hospital. He was diagnosed with some type of leukemia, due to his white blood count. His organs started to shut down yesterday afternoon and he died at 12:30 this morning. I would like to make a special bead for my Daughter-in-law. I thought if there is a bead to signify the loss of a sibling I would make that for her. I know the butterflies are for parents. Is there anything for a sibling?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:58am
Loving learning

I think a butterfly would still be lovely for her.
Of course, if there was anything that he loved that would symbolize him for her, that would be an idea too. (Favorite color maybe?)

She has my sympathy on the loss of her brother.
Old 2013-12-22, 5:12pm

Thanks Eileen, I think I will make her a few. A butterfly for the loss, he loved playing baseball, so I think I will make one that looks like a baseball, one with an orange ribbon for leukemia awareness, one with his initials and some to complement these. I think I will make the butterfly into a necklace for her and the others into a bracelet. One of my lampwork friends suggested the butterfly too. I just didn't know if that would be appropriate because I thought it was given to parents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-22, 6:08pm
Loving learning

I think the butterfly as a symbol of comfort in loss was chosen by BOC to give the parents, but I don't think it is restricted in any way to parents.
It sounds like you are doing a really nice memory gift.
Old 2013-12-22, 6:36pm

I'm sorry to hear of such a sudden and tragic loss, especially at this time of year. The butterfly bead is our bead for loss so I would go with that one. I have made many butterfly beads for similar circumstances.

Robert