No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-11-21, 9:36pm
Ad astra per aspera

Default New Studio Unveiling...Finally!

At long last everything is set up and/or put away. Geez I hope these pix fit!

In order there's my workbench (go Ikea!), my sexy armoire where I store all my glass, beads and books, open and closed (the desk folds up), my comfy space, and my glass gallery (I still have to hang the ornaments). The final stage will be to get an electrician in to give me a few extra circuits for the kiln and oxy generator, but that's going to happen after Christmas.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-22, 9:29am
Sensitive Arteest

Way cool!! Very nice space.
Old 2005-11-23, 7:11am
Booyarashaka

Looks great!

"Temet Nosce"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-11-23, 11:16am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Hi Karen, I use the Jerker computer table too for my lampworking table. I love it.
Nice and organized studio, by the way!

Old 2005-11-23, 11:47am
I'm a lilac!

Wow, GORGEOUS! I am full of envy.

Old 2005-11-23, 2:59pm
Ad astra per aspera

Thanks everyone! It was a long time coming but it's like my own Barbie Dream Stuido. That Jerker desk from Ikea is so perfect. I love the swing around shelves for my frit and the extra shelf up above. We mounted the hood right into the shelf and it fits perfectly. Talk about luck!

Funny thing, we bought one of the desks for DS first, it fits just right under his loft bed (also from Ikea). I took one look at it and KNEW that's what I needed, too. Hehe, I should put "Ikea set up here" on my Thanksgiving thankful list!

Old 2005-12-29, 8:45pm

Sexy armoire is right...that is too cool! Love the Ikea desk too!!!
Old 2011-05-10, 9:58am
Ad astra per aspera

Here we are 5-ish years later. Not much has changed on my bench, yet, but I just rearranged my armoire so I could see/reach my 104 glass more comfortably. The books on the upper right side got moved around, the books on the left moved to the upper right or over my bench on that top shelf, and I filled the rest of the left-hand space with more fence pieces. I haven't completely reorganized the 96 glass (above the 104), but I'm really satisfied with the changes, so I thought I'd share.

The big picture (LOL) is all of my 104 glass, except Devardi, which is the top array in the 2nd picture. The loose bundles are my silvered glass stash. The second pic is my 96 glass in the 2 lower left cubbies and the lower right one. I'm still trying to decided how to arrange that.

Next project is redoing my workbench. For years I've loved the graphite "Mothership" design from Weaver/Artco. I want to do something similar with porcelain tile (a friend can get me some left over pieces), so I can have a double-decker layer for tools and glass. I'm also stripping off the entire bench and putting down sheet metal, getting rid of the smaller cement board that I've used since I started. That will make cleanup a lot simpler in the future.
Attached Images

Old 2011-05-10, 10:20am
beads....mmmm

Nice! I have to do something about glass storage. ~sigh~

::
Old 2011-05-10, 10:27am

Wow! Awsome glass inventory! I think you're ready for a 2nd armoire! It feels good to be organized, doesn't it? ... even if it's just for a little while. Where do you have your tools, frit, etc now?
Old 2011-05-10, 4:01pm

What a great way to store glass and stuff. . . to keep out lots of the dust that just appears (especially if there are friendly animals in the house).

Yvonne
Old 2011-05-10, 5:26pm

Lovely studio & great space! Congrats!
ginger
Old 2011-05-12, 1:21pm
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Linda View Post
Wow! Awsome glass inventory! I think you're ready for a 2nd armoire! It feels good to be organized, doesn't it? ... even if it's just for a little while. Where do you have your tools, frit, etc now?
If you look at the very first picture, to the left of the actual bench there are two swing-out shelves. I have heavy wooden lazy Susan's on them (Ikea) and I store my frit in the aluminum small parts containers from Lee Valley. All that silvery stuff is frit containers. (My name is Karen, and I'm a fritoholic.)

The tools are scattered around my bench. The most-used are in their places right under the arm-rests of the Creation Station. I have a container on the right for less-common ones, and extras and odd stuff is in one of the blue plastic containers on the shelf up above. All of my presses are over on the left edge.

I've been re-thinking the tool issue, and I'm working on a design to improve my table space and access to other stuff.

Old 2011-05-12, 3:27pm
It's about having fun!

Very cool!!!
Thank you! Joni