Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-03-06, 12:36pm
THE PEN IS BLUE!!!

Question Roger Parramore-New Color Company....have you used it?

I really like some of the colors they make, AND mountain glass arts is having a sale

Have any of you used these colors?
Any issues with boiling or compatability?

Brat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-03-06, 1:26pm
Catchen' the Sun

I use Paramore all the time. So far I have not had any problems with any of it. I don't work very hot on the boro scale right now.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2012-03-06, 2:16pm
THE PEN IS BLUE!!!

good to know!
any problems with deep encasement?

Old 2012-03-06, 2:58pm

thought he quit making glass a few years ago? siberia, white are my favorites. Some of his colors wash out if you work them hard
Old 2012-03-06, 8:17pm

The white is best ever, the smoothest, least boiling white I have ever worked with. I highly recomend it.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:04pm

I agree, on what torchgirl said about the white
Old 2012-03-06, 11:25pm

A buddy of mine swears by his white

#C-151
Old 2012-03-07, 10:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchgirl View Post
The white is best ever, the smoothest, least boiling white I have ever worked with. I highly recomend it.
Have you used asian(china) white as well? Just curious on how the two compare. I am starting to have really good results with the asian.
Old 2012-03-07, 10:33am

China White seems to be our most popular these days. It is amazing for the cost.

Old 2012-03-07, 12:33pm
Still makin' flowers...

Love the Parramore colors.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2012-03-07, 5:48pm
THE PEN IS BLUE!!!

well i suppose that settles it.

I may ACTUALLY buy glass!

Old 2012-03-08, 8:46am
Catchen' the Sun

I do use both china white and parramore. I was given the china white and had no idea where to purchase it now I do thanks. I will pick some up when I am there for East Central Retreat in a few weeks.

Last edited by sharyl; 2012-03-08 at 8:50am.
Old 2012-03-08, 8:48am
Catchen' the Sun

Brat you need to PM me your phone number and a good time to call and your first name we are having a glass get together in Lenior City this weekend. We need to talk today. I want you to come and meet everyone.

Old 2012-03-08, 9:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyl View Post
I do use both china white and parramore. I was given the china white and had no idea where to purchase it now I do thanks. I will pick some up when I am there for East Central Retreat in a few weeks.
Can you share a comparison?
Old 2012-03-08, 11:21am
Catchen' the Sun

Yes I can do that. I will have to figure out what I made out of the Parramore but that should be easy or I will make something else out of it. It will be tomorrow evening probably before I can.

Old 2012-03-09, 4:55am

I've seen it side by side plenty. Rogers stays solid , doesn't start to "clear/swirl" as it thins ... hard to boil ... not shocky and when stretched doesn't seem to fade / swirl out.

The Asian seems to be shocky at times (batch I'm sure).. sometimes has rocks or bad mix segments in rod ... likes to thin out ... meaning if you stretch the color you'll see where clear was added or maybe drawn down the middle? I haven't had any problems with deep encasement's using either white. Roger is good people from what my close friends say and the biggest plus is I love supporting an artist that's right up the road in Asheville
Old 2012-03-09, 12:18pm

I've had nothing but the opposite with China White. Same with customer's reviews. Whereas the Parramore is often full of air bubbles. We used to find some that you could blow through a rod like a straw. It ends up melting down pretty well, though.

It stays the most dense white ever, even when pulled down super thin. It has by far the best density, and lack of color thinning, I've ever seen in a white. Everyone that buys it, says the exact same thing about it's density.

Old 2012-03-09, 12:42pm
Catchen' the Sun

I was taught that if I used the China White to remix the part of the rod that I am going to pull stringer out of that way it is better mixed and pulls smooth.
I did not know Parramore is in Asheville but then I don't keep up with things like that. Its all new to me. Where at in Asheville? I will be there in a few weeks.

Old 2012-03-09, 2:17pm

I use the china white and I do mix it down and re pull it into rods first. Thanks for the comparison.