LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2013-01-24, 1:11pm

Default Creativity Boot Camp for the Glass Beadmaker

Hi gang...I'm excited to announce my newest e-book, which will be out on March 6. I'm taking preorders now, and as a little thank-you to the "regulars" who always preorder my tuts (because you are the ones who make it possible for me to take time away from the torch to actually write these things!), I'm doing something new this time: If you preorder by January 28, you'll get the book for 50% off the regular cover price.

Anyway, here's the cover. If you'd like more info on what the book contains, just click on the photo and it'll take you to the tutorial info page.

I've found it so inspiring just working on this one...it's been a true labor of love for me, and I hope everyone will draw as much inspiration and motivation from this as I have from the writing process.

Thanks as always for your interest!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bluffroadglass; 2013-02-27 at 4:37pm. Reason: New release date
Old 2013-01-24, 2:55pm

So...as I am one of those that you speak of, this isn't just alot of talk right? There are actual things I can make that will excite me again? that will lift my spirits? that will make me do a happy dance? Seriously, no joking here. I'm really, really struggling in so many areas and I need just one....one bit of something to make that's going to get me going! Is there any way you can email me just one tidbit on what I might be able to make from this book? I know why I'm in a slump, I know what is a creativity killer ( I live with him) and the words sound great but I need projects, I need stuff to make. I have tons of tutorials and even those are not something I want to do again. I want new, I want......sigh...life agaiN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-01-24, 3:34pm

Reenie,

I feel for ya, sister, believe me I've been there!

This isn't a tutorial, in other words it won't teach you step by step how to make a certain design. There are tons of exercises and assignments in the book that are designed to get you to the torch, get you moving and thinking again creatively -- OUTSIDE of your comfort zone -- and keep you moving forward with fresh new work. If you're willing to do the challenges, I think I can help you. Can't do anything about your resident creativity killer, though...sorry.

Old 2013-01-24, 10:56pm

Thanks Kim. I think I'm going to do it
Thanks as well for the advice.

Old 2013-01-25, 7:21pm

You're most welcome!

Old 2013-01-26, 8:38pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

I've ordered mine, can't wait .

Old 2013-01-27, 6:55am

Ordered mine!!
Love the idea of having a book to turn to when I'm in a creative slump

Old 2013-01-27, 8:29pm

Thanks, you two!

Old 2013-01-27, 8:40pm
Angel's Mom

My birthday present to myself. Looking forward to it's release!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2013-01-27, 10:23pm
GabysGlassWorks

Just ordered mine! Can't wait!!

Old 2013-01-28, 12:38am

Got it! I hope to God it gets me out of this slump!

Old 2013-01-28, 5:28am
Knob Creek Glass

I ordered and cannot wait!!!! Thank you.
Old 2013-01-28, 11:08am
MacGalver

Perfect timing for that mid-winter slump. Looking forward to it!

Jo

Old 2013-01-28, 12:17pm

Thanks so much for the orders, you guys!

The 50% off preorders end at midnight tonight -- after that, the preorder price jumps from $12.50 to $20.00 -- so I hope everyone who wanted in got theirs!

Old 2013-01-28, 1:51pm
I think I could be a bead

Wooooo Hooooooo!!! Just ordered!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!

Old 2013-01-28, 3:48pm

Thank you, Mallory!

Old 2013-01-28, 4:19pm
formerly Marella

What a great deal...just ordered mine too! I hope it will help me out of my "Winter Glass Blues".

Come on Muse...I know you're in there......

~
~
~
Old 2013-01-28, 7:18pm

I tried to order, but the payment was not confirmed. It said to wait for confirmation by email. I hope it goes through today.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-01-28, 7:42pm

Looks like it did!

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-01-28, 7:45pm

I ordered mine just now as well and got the same message as Melissa from the web site. The paypal payment receipt went through and I have received the email confirmation so we should be good to go!! Maybe there are just too many of us that waited until the last day
Old 2013-01-29, 8:49am

Oops, i thought the 50% was until the end of the month.
Old 2013-01-30, 10:15am

Ann and Melissa, I checked and your orders came through safe and sound.

To anyone who missed the "early preorder" sale, you can still save a little by preordering the e-book now at $5 off the regular cover price.

Thanks again for the orders!

Old 2013-02-15, 9:13pm
Plumb

I really, really think that if my work boots looked like that, I could get LOTS more tile laid. Maybe. Perhaps. But i sure would love to see!

Old 2013-02-18, 3:26am
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

I'm so looking forward to this tutorial - counting down the days .

Old 2013-02-27, 7:00am
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

One more day

ETA - technically, it's now officially 12.01am on the 28th, but I'm guessing that Kim isn't in my time zone .

Old 2013-02-27, 4:44pm

Robyn, I'm so sorry, I hate to disappoint you (or anyone) who was anxiously waiting for the new e-book, but I pushed the release of the Boot Camp back to March 6th (next Wednesday). I had an 11th hour idea for the book that was too much fun to abandon. The good news is that the book will be twice the promised length. If you preordered, you should have received an email about this.

SO sorry...I think people would just fall over dead from shock if I ever managed to get a tutorial out on the planned release date!

Old 2013-02-27, 5:10pm
MacGalver

Hey Kim~

As the author of multiple tutorials ( including one that is driving me insane right now!) I can really relate to the stress of trying to finish a tutorial by a promised date! Please don't worry about the delay, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

However, I did pre-order by the 28th of January, but I didn't get an email, just so you know......

Jo

Old 2013-02-27, 7:02pm

Hi Kim,

I pre-ordered and I did get your e-mail. Don't worry, I will still be anticiating my tutorial. I'm so glad you decided to add the extra idea and know I won't be disappointed.

Cheryl
Old 2013-02-27, 7:19pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

I jinxed you Kim, I'm sorry . Not disappointed, now I have something better (if that's possible!) to look forward to . I can only imagine how much work putting together a tutorial must be, I have trouble writing a shopping list most days .

I got my email .

Old 2013-02-28, 4:35am
Knob Creek Glass

Boot Camp will be wonderful!