Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2005-09-24, 9:54am

Smile New Crystal Myths Show-Fall Tucson Best Bead Show

I am pleased to announce our newest show. It is the Fall Tucson Best Bead Show.
September 8-9-10, 2006 in Tucson at the Radisson City Center. This is the hotel that is the downtown hub during the February Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.We are using 14,000 square feet of exhibit space in the lower convention area and another 6,000 square feet of space in the main entrance lobby and registration area.There are spaces for ninety nine exhibitors. Over thirty spaces are 10 ft by 10 ft or bigger.All spaces are sharable at no extra cost.
The size of the show is over twice the size as the original Kino Show.
The hotel has given me a very good deal on the cost for all the convention space. Because of this ,the costs for the tables and booths are on the low side. There are six foot table spaces starting at $500. There are eight foot table spaces in the main ballroom that are $650-with a back up table.
This show will join six other shows during the same time in Tucson. Two of these existing shows are the Holidome and the Roadway shows.Both are smaller shows that what they present during the February Gem and Mineral shows. But they still are large and bring in very dedicated buyers.
The buyers coming to Tucson in the Fall are very serious and buy in volume.
This show will be free to attent. The show will be retail and wholesale. We will have badges that show who the wholesale buyers are.
I have asked Lucio Bubacco to come to the show and do open demos on the Friday and Saturday of the show. His work will be annealed each night . On Sunday of the show Lucio will be given a booth to sell all the work that was made during the two days of demos.
He will demo about four or five hours during the show and anyone can watch.In the evening he will do a three hour (or more) demo that will be only for those in the show.
I am meeting with the Tucson fire department in a few weeks to arrange the Lucio demos.
Luigi Catelan (from Murano) will also be in the show selling beads. He was knighted by the president of Italy a few months ago. He is now Cavalier Luigi Catelan.
I will be able to highly publisize the show in local TV and newspapers with both these Italians at the same show. Lucio's blood line in glass goes back to about 1370. Cavalier Luigi's blood line goes back to the 1450's.They will make an easy story for anyone to write about and will make it easier to get more people to the show.
The ad campaign will be huge. I will be placing full page ads in five national magazines months before the show opens. I will negotiate discounted one sixth page ads in two national magazine . Then, a $100 rebate(from Crystal Myths) will be given to those that buy the ads.
Maybe the biggest ad for this new show will be the huge banners placed at my February Tucson Best Bead Show.This February show has proven to bring in all the serious buyers in Tucson. They will just need to see the banners and pick up a flyer for the show.
This new show will have a show program that is as nice as the 36 page full color program that we had for the February show.
I am in the process of arranging bead stringing classes at the show hotel. This will ad a block of students that are staying at the hotel and needing many beads to work with.
I have arranged rooms rates starting at $99 a night at the Radisson. There will be roaming food carts that will bring food and drink to the sellers . There will be karaoke one night in the hotel lounge.
All the information on the show is now on my web site at www.crystalmyths.com . Go to the home page and click on the red arrow announcing the New Fall Tucson Best Bead Show. It will open up a page with show information. Below that page are links to the ballroom schematics and prices for tables and booths. Download the page for Booth request and mail of fax in three choices . You will be notified within a few weeks about your space.
Lewis C Wilson President Crystal Myths Inc
Old 2005-09-24, 1:33pm
Detail G-Mama!

WOW!! Does that sound like fun!!! Maybe I'll get to swing it next year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.