Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2008-07-22, 7:21am

Default The Frabel Awards. Free and good op

I think this awards are a good opportunity for glass art students and professional artists. It's totally free.

Check it out at http://www.myglassart.org/frabelawards

"The Frabel Awards is the only independent glass art competition open (and free) to emerging glass artists as well as established glass artists. What makes the Frabel Awards so unique is that that your peers vote the winner, not some Jury, making these awards the highest compliment a glass artist could receive.

The Frabel Awards 2008 offers, besides the honor of being chosen as the best artist by your fellow artists, an award designed by Hans Godo Frabel and $3,000 in cash prizes. Finalists are also recognized on the MyGlassArt.org website and their online galleries will receive special front page attention." ... from http://www.myglassart.org/frabelawards
Old 2008-07-22, 1:02pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Awl it specifically excludes beads and pipes.

Teague

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-07-22, 3:46pm
Janell

My friend works at Frabel Art Glass. He was so excited to get the job. He makes beautiful pendants and other things.
Janell

[url]
Old 2008-07-22, 8:12pm
The Andrea Half

Yeah. Some very (extremely kind) person suggested I submit some beads, but als, they exclude beads and pipes.

Old 2008-11-22, 7:20pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Arrow Maureen McRorie is a finalist nominee in the Frabel Awards

Hi to all,
This is to announce that my lovely wife has become one of three nominee finalists (Novice Emerging Artist Division) in the Frabel Awards.

Please vote for Maureen Buckley McRorie for the Frabel Award Novice (Emerging Glass Artist) Division!!!

I am very proud of Maureen. She deserves the recognition for her years of hard work and professional dedication as a lampworker. Maureen is very very talented, and she doesn't try to shine or stand out. So I want to take this opportunity to speak up for her, and to congratulate her as one of the three wonderful Frabel Award Nominees in the Novice division. Maureen is truly an emerging glass artist of the highest caliber, and I really want to see her become noticed for her talent and dedication as a flameworker.

Here is the link to please go and vote for Maureen B. McRorie: http://www.myglassart.org/frabel-awards-nominees/

Thanks,
Happy Holidays to All,
Lance McRorie
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass.com

Last edited by FlameTree Glass; 2008-11-22 at 7:45pm.
Old 2008-11-22, 9:06pm
Happy 10 a.m.!

WOW! That is a phenomenal piece!

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2008-11-25, 11:43am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

that reef is amazing! I voted, because I think it's deserving. =)

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-30, 12:36am

Voted, Way to go Maureen that is an awesome piece.
Old 2008-12-04, 7:41am
Who me?

Beads and pipes excluded - hmmmm - I'm trying to imagine how they lumped beads with pipes - oh, I know - they both can be works of art.
Old 2008-12-20, 10:26pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Thank you to everyone who has supported Maureen by voting for her in the Frabel Awards! Everyone who knows Maureen McRorie knows that she is extremely talented in lampworking the soft Moretti/Effetre glass. I am especially proud of my wife for her accomplishments in flameworking. I greatly appreciate you all for your support of my cherished wife.
God Bless,
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, & Happy Holidays to ALL!
Lance McRorie
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.FlameTreeGlass.com
Old 2008-12-29, 7:09pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

OMG Maureen..that is top of the line and TDF!!!! You are very talented and deserving. I VOTED for you and best of talent to ya...Hope you win!!!!

the fish are ROCK N!!!!!!
Old 2008-12-31, 3:39pm
StudioMarcy

This is the last day to vote for Maureen. Please take just 5 minutes and get those last votes in.

thanks,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2009-01-21, 4:08pm
Farewell promises nothing

Congratulations on Maureen's win.
Old 2009-01-21, 4:31pm
StudioMarcy

You know, I was just visiting her today and found even more wonderful items that she's recently made. Watch her website for her Asian "dollies". They're beautiful.

Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2009-01-27, 4:50pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Thank you Everybody for your votes! I appreciate the support, the wonderful comments and all the sweet encouragement.
Thanks you guys!
Maureen
Old 2009-02-05, 8:24am
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

CONGRATES Maureen!!!!! You certainly deserved it. Your work is outstanding!!!! That reef was TDF!!!!!