Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Pappashop 20 37.04%
GoDaddy 15 27.78%
Other (please explain) 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-10, 2:39pm

I use Lunarpages, which costs $6.95 per month with free domain for life and 1500 Gigabytes Storage. I created a couple sites for a friend who wanted to use Godaddy. Lunarpages has more usable features at hand.

I also use Mal's ecart for free.

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-10, 11:53pm
In search of her path....

ok i have 1and1 and yahoo both for different stuff...I LOVE yahoo and really HATE 1&1
ok 1&1 is cheaper yes...and if IF you can get their tools to work im sure its just lovely but their 24hr 7 day a week tech support IS NOT 24/7 as I found out tonight when their stuff is NOT working for me! they keep giving me the message they close at 8pm...and I cant get ANYONE ....

ok why I like YAHOO
#1 Webmail that is incredibly easy to access from ANYWHERE I go. I can access it from my telephone, from a friends computer, from my house, from school whereever and keep up on the stuff I need to.

#2 Their website maintance tools...the fact you can do ALL your uploading from their web portal AND the fact that its stable and does a GOOD JOB is INCREDIBLY wonderful to me and again I CAN USE IT WHEREVER I AM. I dont have to have my ftp setup, I dont have to carry anything special, I dont have to rememver some weird stupid client number and ridiculous FTP setup combination to make it "work" because I DONT HAVE TO FTP. (I know 1&1 has a web upload thing now too but it sucks the big ass)

#3 their customer support has always been really GREAT to me and for me.

those 3 things right there are the BIG reason I pay so much MORE a month to have a service with Yahoo over anyone else and prefer it greatly.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-04-11, 6:29am
Ready to hit the road

I use bizland.com and Freeway Pro (on a Mac) to design the website, and Paypal for the shopping cart. It costs about $50 a year or $5.95 a month, and I've never had any problems with them in all the years I've been there. And like Jill, my site is pretty basic. I'd rather work on beads or drawings.

Old 2008-04-14, 7:10am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
ok i have 1and1 and yahoo both for different stuff...I LOVE yahoo and really HATE 1&1
ok 1&1 is cheaper yes...and if IF you can get their tools to work im sure its just lovely but their 24hr 7 day a week tech support IS NOT 24/7 as I found out tonight when their stuff is NOT working for me! they keep giving me the message they close at 8pm...and I cant get ANYONE ....

ok why I like YAHOO
#1 Webmail that is incredibly easy to access from ANYWHERE I go. I can access it from my telephone, from a friends computer, from my house, from school whereever and keep up on the stuff I need to.

#2 Their website maintance tools...the fact you can do ALL your uploading from their web portal AND the fact that its stable and does a GOOD JOB is INCREDIBLY wonderful to me and again I CAN USE IT WHEREVER I AM. I dont have to have my ftp setup, I dont have to carry anything special, I dont have to rememver some weird stupid client number and ridiculous FTP setup combination to make it "work" because I DONT HAVE TO FTP. (I know 1&1 has a web upload thing now too but it sucks the big ass)

#3 their customer support has always been really GREAT to me and for me.

those 3 things right there are the BIG reason I pay so much MORE a month to have a service with Yahoo over anyone else and prefer it greatly.
I can't comment on 1and1's site tools because I don't use them (I use GoLive), but the only time I have ever had to contact tech support it rang twice and I got an answer.

You can log into 1and1's web mail from anywhere. Go to www.1and1.com and click on the "WEBMAIL LOGIN" link.

Old 2008-04-18, 6:27pm
I'm not Barbie.

I'm totally happy with who I have (pappashop). I make beads, I don't have time for making websites, nor do I know how. I am sure my customers are shooping at my site because of my beads and not how or how not my site looks.
Old 2008-05-10, 12:24pm

I have been looking at options for web hosting. I switched about 6 months ago from Homestead, which was great but expensive, to Startlogic. I am sooooooooo unhappy with Startlogic. Their web building tools don't work most of the time, & their support staff has no idea what is going on. They may be inexpensive but even free wouldn't be cheap enough for their quality of product and service.
Old 2008-05-11, 7:22am
Wait.....what?

I've been using HostGator and I'm pretty pleased with it. I use FrontPage but I believe you don't have to.

Old 2008-05-24, 8:43pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I use yahoo too, with the Mals shopping cart. Yahoo Sitebuilder is SO easy. They have tons of templates to choose from. I actually found the program to be so easy, that I never used a template, I built from scratch.

It costs 11.95 per month. Their tech support is awsome. When I started building my site, I could call at 4am and get right through to someone.

I use the mals shopping cart because I needed more advanced stuff, but if you are going to use Paypal, the sitebuilder has paypal shopping buttons right in the program.

I've been using this for 4 years now and to the best of my knowledge, my website has never been down, ever.