Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-08-28, 9:26pm

Default website hosting

I am currently using homestead to host my website, but they have increased their tools for generating traffic to a very expensive product. Is anyone else using a host that has a reasonable package for promotion?
thanks,
Carol
http://www.colgandesigns.com
Old 2007-08-28, 9:47pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I host all my sites with godaddy.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-29, 6:28am

oops

Last edited by jessedog; 2007-08-29 at 6:33am.
Old 2007-08-29, 6:31am

We use Mighty Merchant and find them to be great. They have facilitated my accounting database flowing into my website on a daily basis for updates and refresh functions, making my site a truly functional and live tool. Michael Sterns and his wife Staci, the owners and programmers, are great...can't say enough. They'll also help you with marketing to your niche community through Constant Contact if you're interested.

Old 2007-08-29, 8:53am

If what you are talking about is that Searchlight thing they have on their website, I would drop that ripoff quick. They are really gouging for stuff that you can do yourself in a couple hours and get much better results with. I looked at their guaranteed services and comparisons of costs, and think they are way overstating their worth.

By their chart, here is a free $180 tip. Don't worry with submitting your website to search engines. They will find you based on links to your site. You are already in Google's and Yahoo's indexes so organic search is covered. I don't see where they offer SEO so you won't gain anything from them on organics. If you want to do paid advertising on the search engines, the only ones to look at are Google (also includes Ask, AOL, and many others), MSN, and Yahoo. I would recommend setting up test campaigns on them one at a time.

It will take a couple hours to set up each one and then maybe a 30 minutes a week to monitor the campaigns the first month to make sure they are doing what you want, but after that it isn't much work. Certainly not the time they are suggesting unless you are trying to play arbirtage games and such. For just advertising beads and jewelry it is fairly easy.

They don't seem to be doing much of a job at making sure they are using the money wisely either, I would never pay over 20 cents a click for traffic in our sector. And if I only got a few hundred clicks a month, I would be upset. They are only promising that a year!

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.