Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-03-07, 9:59am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

Default Any Canon lover's out there?

Doe's anybody use a digital Canon with interchangable lenses for their pics?
which model do you like best?
I have enough lenses to wish for a digi Canon but not really the bucks to buy the biggest Canon's out there.
Thanks Katja
Old 2007-03-07, 10:28am
Crazy tool making guy....

Oh yeah.... I just got my Dad's old 10D, and it is great to be using an SLR again.

Frankly, for web work, you won't see any difference between them as far as image quality. The biggest difference will be in feel and layout of the controls. I have fairly large hands, so the rebels just feel too small and flimsy for me.

-Jeff
Old 2007-03-07, 11:30am

I know what you mean, the older models might be heavy but they keep on working. I bought a Rebel SLR for film work, but not too happy with it. I think it's plastic .But thank 's to interchangable lenses, i will keep sticking to my Canons.
Katja
Old 2007-03-07, 11:34am
In search of her path....

Ive been looking at the Canon XTI myself and this place
http://www.century21electronics.com/...sp?page=366753

I think has some of the better package deals Ive seen you can sometimes find cheaper body deals on ebay through some of the stores like cameta and stuff but you have to watch the ending auctions to really catch the deals....
They also have cheaper XT packages too but the DPI is lower on that model. I think that is the model my dad has. Unless you are doing alot of higher end commercial work I think this range of camera would be good for you for the SLR range...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2007-03-07, 8:35pm

I found myself looking at the 30D and the Rebel xt1, All that;s left is to research whichone . Imicht just keep my eyes out for a body since I have lenses , thanks for the info.
what a day to spend infront of the computer looking at cameras and not 1 bead made lol. oh well.

Katja
Old 2007-03-07, 10:35pm
Ghost Town Glass

I have the XTi and really like it. I have the non digital Canon Elan and rebel, so I already had the lenses. I find it fairly simple to use, and the macro bead pics so far have been great.

Old 2007-03-20, 11:18am

Default Canon EOS Rebel

Hi Katja,
for years I used a Canon AE-1 Program camera and just loved it. (still do, actually!)

A couple of years ago, my DH bought me a EOS Digital Rebel XT and the whole family uses it. It's a fabulous camera! We have a couple of lenses (wish I had a macro).

I highly recommend it.

A faithful Canon user,
Paula
Old 2007-03-20, 1:28pm
ManBearPig

I have one of the original Digital Rebels. Works like a charm. I got it off Ebay when the Rebel XT's came out. Got the camera, bag, two batteries, two 512 cards, stock lens, and a 80-200 lens for $500.

Old 2007-03-20, 1:35pm
Does it come in Purple???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I have one of the original Digital Rebels. Works like a charm. I got it off Ebay when the Rebel XT's came out. Got the camera, bag, two batteries, two 512 cards, stock lens, and a 80-200 lens for $500.
I will echo Cosmo's sentiments. I love my Rebel Digital

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2007-03-20, 10:51pm
da General

I have a Canon 20D and I love it. It's the model one up from the Digital Rebel XT which I found was too small (and I don't have big hands) and when you put a larger lens on, it felt like it wanted to tip forward. The original Rebel was slightly bigger - the one Cosmos has I believe.

I was a Nikon and Leica girl for film - but Canon got everyone beat when it comes to digital. Can't go wrong.

Got mine at B&H -
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-03-22, 12:13am

It took me a while to get a good price on the Internet, I got a XTI and a 100 EF 2.8 Macro telephoto lens all for 1000.00
you sure have to watch the bodies only nothing is supplied with them at all.

that will definetly be my last camera (for now)

Thanks for all your input
Katja
Old 2007-03-22, 10:05am

Going to be a stupid question - BUT - oh well. Moving from an old Nikon to the xti, all excited, charge the battery, put on the lens, etc, open the book - I can't find anything that will tell me whether or not I can get the live image on the lcd or not! All I get is the settings screen. Am I missing something? It would be impossible for my vision to not be able to use the lcd monitor. help?
Old 2007-03-22, 10:17am

Just found my answer. Dang. this was in the need to know category - something to think about asking before purchase!

http://www.betterphoto.com/forms/QnA...threadID=27945
Old 2007-03-22, 3:00pm

What a bad experience this turns out to be, this is the 2nd time I ordered over the www. and I got call backs that told me there is no batterie, charger or software with what I ordered. Even the ones with a lens. get that.
Then over the phone they want to sell you the camera that's almost 2x as priced on their site's.
i'm slowly getting pissed off. I might just have to get it at a Costco and eat the taxes on it, if it comes with all the accessories.
Can you imagine buying a digital camera without software and all the stuff you need to take a picture. Geez they will have to find another sucker to rip off.

Sorry but damm I was really looking forward to my new lens and camera.
Katja
Old 2007-03-22, 8:55pm

Dont give up on me yet, I have placed a cheaper order with the Macro lens for 650.00.
Let's hope this is the end of my camera drama.
Katja
Old 2007-05-11, 7:36am

I bought a 10D Canon from a pro photo store. The technology changes so much people are dumping great cameras, and you can get better quality for your $$'s in some older models. I really like the heavier (not plastic) body too.

All the photos on the websites below were taken with it.

Deanna