Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-08-08, 12:13pm

Default Pansy Tutorial

Mitra Friant has submitted a Pansy Tutorial to www.betterbeadmaking.com
and it has been posted.

Deanna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-08, 1:03pm
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

love her pansies, I think her first pansies I saw on another forum...inspired my sculptural ones alot!

~~
~~

Last edited by Ever After; 2008-08-08 at 1:06pm.
Old 2008-08-08, 10:12pm
I speak Murrini!

Ooooo!!! These are very darling...and a distinctively different result than Laurie's as well. It's great to have BOTH - it gives options for various applications. These would definitely look really cute in a cluster (bouquet) type of smaller encased bead.

Thanks so much for sharing the link, Deanna!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-08-10, 11:31am

Mitra is the one who taught me how to make pansies several years ago. Her tutorial is great !

Old 2008-08-14, 1:15pm
Isinglass Design

Oh, I've gotta go look. Deanna posted one of my tutorials there a while ago- about making cut disk beads. I was (and still am) pretty excited!

Laurie
Old 2008-08-15, 8:37pm

Default Help

Can somebody please post a link I cant connect to the tutorial please..I'm dieing to try the pansy tutorial it's so cute...
Tootles
Old 2008-08-16, 2:13pm
Sheryll

You have to register in the website, once you do, it goes to another page of tutorials.

Nice site Deanna! Thanks for putting it all together!

Old 2008-08-19, 3:54pm

You don't have to register.
Just go to this link HERE
Old 2008-08-19, 4:34pm
Lampwork Meditator

I tried making one of these beads and ended up with a mess! haha My problem: my pansy looks great on one side. But when I go to melt it in, my bead is lopsided. So I try melting it round and it all runs...a gravity bead.

Any suggestions? I feel like a complete moron for not being able to figure this out on my own! [groan]

Carlisle mini cc with concentrator
Old 2008-08-19, 10:55pm

Wonderful tutorial Mitra! Thanks for posting it Deanna. I've always wanted to make Pansies. Yippee! And I was searching for something to use a color combo I am experimenting using layered dots, so this was perfect to try it on! Cool Beans!

Old 2008-08-19, 11:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiekline View Post
I tried making one of these beads and ended up with a mess! haha My problem: my pansy looks great on one side. But when I go to melt it in, my bead is lopsided. So I try melting it round and it all runs...a gravity bead.

Any suggestions? I feel like a complete moron for not being able to figure this out on my own! [groan]
I'm not sure I understand your question but just in case, the key for me seems to be making sure I have the glass balanced on each side before I encase it. If I put something on one side it has to have the same amount of glass on the other.
If you want a pansy only on one side of your bead, maybe a flat bead like the first picture <?> (I think that was the one) in the tutorial might work best.
Oh! And a lot of times when my bead is wonky shaped after encasing, even after I try adding more clear to balace it out again, I use the Long and Lean Kalara Zoozii press and it distributes the glass into a nice shaped bead! It saves the day on many of my encased beads.
Edited to add that I think what your trying is the hardest part about encasing. I know some people use the Osibin
graphite shaper: http://arrowsprings.com/html/shaping_tools.html, to get a nice shaped encased bead. To me using a flat marver to make a round bead is hard! I really want this tool so I don't end up with so many pressed encased beads.

FWIW,
Angela

Last edited by ziggys; 2008-08-19 at 11:19pm.
Old 2008-08-20, 9:59am
Lampwork Meditator

Thanks, Angela. I was trying to do 1 pansy. My base bead was too small for 2! haha I'm going to try this on a flat bead. What a great idea!

Thanks,
susie

Carlisle mini cc with concentrator