No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-01-12, 9:37am
yukue fumei

Thanks so much eddyscrater and Barbara!
Tina--YAY!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-16, 8:13am
Member of the Booger7

Nagi, thanks for the tut!
This is my first attempt, it's boro.

I did this backwards. I'm not so great with puntying, so I did the neck first then made the head on it. I'm really happy with this bead. Your instructions made it a lot easier than I ever imagined!!! OMG! The one thing I didn't understand was how you shaped the eye. I simply did a dot and then the eyelids. I read it like 15 times, but couldn't wrap my head around it.

Sorry, didn't have time to clean it this morning before work.

Dianna -

Old 2008-01-18, 8:48am

Now that's a cool horse head. Way to go....

Old 2008-01-20, 7:52am
Glass my new Obsession

Trying again tonight
Tina

Old 2008-01-20, 10:11am
yukue fumei

Dianna--WOW!!!
Beautiful!!! He's perfect!! Great job!!
I think your method of putting the eye dot on and drawing over it is much simpler and works great!
When I was sculpting mine, I was thinking anatomically how the eyeball fit into the skull and then adding skin drapes over it, but
ultimately, it is too technical and the result looks the same! Thanks for the note--it is a great one!!

Tina--Good Luck!!

nagi

Last edited by nagibeads; 2008-01-20 at 10:18am. Reason: adding note on my eye instructions...:-P
Old 2010-06-16, 11:59am
Glass my new Obsession

Gonna give this a go again in boro and see what happens

Old 2010-06-26, 11:10am

That is one awesome horse head tut. This will make me get the boro out to try this. Thank you so much.

Rose Leslie
Old 2010-06-27, 10:38am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Wow, this tutorial is amazing... I am just worried that my horse -head-anatomy-knowledge is so... so... crappy, that I will end up with something looking like a tazmanian devil. But that horse is a true master piece! I was just thinking more of a stick horse when I opened the thread. Not at all what I expected, now I need to try one!!! (I have a feeling it will end up with a big belly laugh!)
Old 2010-06-27, 12:06pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piakaven View Post
Wow, this tutorial is amazing... I am just worried that my horse -head-anatomy-knowledge is so... so... crappy, that I will end up with something looking like a tazmanian devil. But that horse is a true master piece! I was just thinking more of a stick horse when I opened the thread. Not at all what I expected, now I need to try one!!! (I have a feeling it will end up with a big belly laugh!)
But no one is doing Tazmanian Devils, you could start a trend!

Nice tut and very nice of you to share it!
Old 2010-06-27, 12:10pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Hahaa, true, not very many of them... lol! I think more suitable for me would be to start making mystery animals... would be much less dissapointments.
Old 2010-06-27, 1:02pm

Okay that's a horse head that I wouldn't mind finding in my bed!!!
Beautiful Denise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Now flip the neck so the front is facing up and take that head out of the kiln. If there is kiln dust on it, take a flame retardant cloth and wipe it off(don't spend too much time wiping or it will cool off your piece too much). Hold it close to your neck and look for placement. then heat between each side and join the two together! Since your punty(the lose on that was holding the head) is very loose, a light rap on it will pop it right off. Melt the punty scar smooth.

Add the mane..

next add large dots for the ears. add extra for insurance.

ok. The rest I have to explain. take the tweezers and flatten the ear cones gently front to back. Then quickly heat the tip and pull off the excess so the motion creates a nice shaped tip to the ear.
Then you are done! If you want to do embellishments proceed with care--Insurance heat like crazy! And Good Luck!!!!

Old 2011-01-14, 1:19pm
Glass my new Obsession

Trying this again on my cricket torch today.
Hopefully I have something worthy of posting tomorrow

Old 2011-01-14, 5:20pm
Hobby Junkie

What a beautiful and amazing tutorial! I've had requests for horses. I'll have to give this a try!

Old 2011-01-14, 6:54pm
grama punky - class junky

Thank you Nagi! I didnt know I wanted to make a horse head bead...but I do now. Your tut is awesome. And the ending bead, gorgeous. thanks!

Old 2011-01-14, 8:45pm

I'm so excited to try this out tomorrow. Thanks so much for your tutorial Nagibeads. This is so beautiful and exciting.
Old 2011-01-15, 7:37am

Will be giving this one a try soon, not sure if my skill level is high enough yet but you gave very clear, easy to follow instructions so I will give it a go. Thank you for sharing!

Old 2011-01-15, 9:27am
Glass my new Obsession

I am ordering more boro to do this.My heat control with soft glass
is not so good yet on my cricket

Old 2013-01-30, 5:20pm

Default Horse Head

I found this wonderful tutorial about a year ago and did not have the skills or bravo to try it.. Well this weekend was the date! I am just tickled. My one of many more to follow. I love the tutorial, now just need to practice but wanted to share and say thank you soooooo much.

Cherri
Old 2013-01-31, 7:08am
Queen of the milo field

Wow! The bead is gorgeous! And the tut ain't bad either Very clear directions and great photos. Now all I have to do is get up to the skill level and give it a try, Or maybe the other way around. Given that it may look more like a donkey, but hey,,,

thanks!

dj
Old 2013-02-03, 9:57pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

These are a couple of designs I have been working with. They are in boro though.

They are supposed to represent a silhouette so the detail is in the mane and forelock rather than fully detailing out the face. The first two are wearable on either side, the third only one one side.

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2013-02-04, 1:21am
all for the love of glass

fabulous tutorial Nagi..and wow I can't believe what you guys are turning out with first attempts. thats the mark of a really good tute! :]

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2013-02-04, 7:22am

Wow.. love them.. Thanks for showing them.

I only got to try the one, but plan on doing more..

dj Thank you.
Cherri

Last edited by Cherri; 2013-02-04 at 7:25am.
Old 2013-02-20, 3:54pm
Practicing perfect

This is a great tutorial and testament to how great it is, is the wonderful art that is coming out of it.
Honeybunny, thank your for asking and thank you Nagi for taking the time to create this and share.

Old 2013-05-04, 1:36pm

Here is mine in NS Blue moon, I forgot to put an ear on him. Maybe I'll go reheat him.

He is pretty large so I was thinking of putting him in a little 4" x 6" Shadow box to put on the dressor.
Attached Images

Old 2014-03-14, 8:24pm

Such a great tutorial.
Old 2014-04-10, 6:43am

Wow that's a great tutorial. I love it, but will have to build up enough courage to try it … maybe if I wait till everyone leaves the house! Thanks.

[/url][/url]