Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-01-27, 12:09pm
Virginia Beach, VA

Default Need Psp Help...

Hi i recently switched to how i was taking my pics.... and i read a post

Here is the setup I use. The pic show my photo before taking it into a paint program like Jasc Paint Shop. The next pic shows the result after taking it into Paint Shop and setting the levels. Here are my steps.

Camera on Macro
Take Photo without Flash
Take into Paint Shop Pro
Use Magic Wand to select greyed background
Go to Adjust- Brightness- Contrast
Select Levels to turn background white
Go to Enhance and click on Clarify

Ta Da....your'e done!!

The light in the photo is a flourescent lamp. You can use whatever light system you want. You just have to move them around the lightshade to get the effect you want. I really love using my lightbox I got from Hobby Lobby underneath the shade instead of white paper. Either will work though

Hope this helps.
Good Luck.
Vena
http://www.hautebeadz.com

anyways i got thru all of those steps but still having a problem with some grey marks in my background how do i get rid of them .. here's my pic....

any help would be appreciated! sandra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-01-27, 3:16pm
I fart diamonds

You could always use the paintbrush or eraser to get rid of them. There aren't that many, so it wouldn't take long at all.

Old 2006-01-27, 3:20pm
ManBearPig

Personally, I don't like deleting the background. It doesn't look natural.

However, if you want to get rid of those marks, use the clone stamp tool. Select it, then ALT+click on an area that is the background color you want, then release ALT and click on the area you want to get rid of.

Old 2006-01-27, 4:22pm
<--- Time traveler

I agree with Chad. Using the Magic Wand means that you end up with dark areas of shadow that look like part of your bead. Better to adjust the entire photo using Levels. If your background is white, you can use the eyedropper tool in Levels to set the background to white (select the white point eyedropper and clock on the whitest part of the background) and it will adjust the entire photo accordingly. You may still need a few more adjustments, but that's a starting point.

Courtney
Old 2006-01-28, 10:34am
ManBearPig

Actually, I don't use Levels. It's not specific enough, and tends to distort the colors. I use Curves, but they can be more tricky as they are a lot more sensitive.

Old 2006-01-28, 3:14pm
<--- Time traveler

To each his own, I guess. It works very well for me.
Old 2006-01-28, 9:31pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

Is there anywhere where I can find a tutorial on how to use my PSP 8 to adjust what I need to in simple terms to edit my pics? I've done alot of searchs on the forums and the web, but it seems that most of the info out there is for Photo Shop, which I don't have.
Thanks
Edie
Old 2006-01-28, 9:39pm
<--- Time traveler

Sorry, I missed that you were using Paint Shop. Somehow I thought PSP was an abbreviation for Photoshop (PS).

Courtney
Old 2006-01-30, 1:49am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelsh
Hi i recently switched to how i was taking my pics.... and i read a post

Here is the setup I use. The pic show my photo before taking it into a paint program like Jasc Paint Shop. The next pic shows the result after taking it into Paint Shop and setting the levels. Here are my steps.

Camera on Macro
Take Photo without Flash
Take into Paint Shop Pro
Use Magic Wand to select greyed background
Go to Adjust- Brightness- Contrast
Select Levels to turn background white
Go to Enhance and click on Clarify

Ta Da....your'e done!!

The light in the photo is a flourescent lamp. You can use whatever light system you want. You just have to move them around the lightshade to get the effect you want. I really love using my lightbox I got from Hobby Lobby underneath the shade instead of white paper. Either will work though

Hope this helps.
Good Luck.
Vena
http://www.hautebeadz.com

anyways i got thru all of those steps but still having a problem with some grey marks in my background how do i get rid of them .. here's my pic....

any help would be appreciated! sandra
I think you guys will be a lot happier with CS2 and I like Photo impact also, but thats a personal choice for textured bevels in fonts and gradient color fills. Illustrator may help you guys too... AIM me if you need help with the install