LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Old 2006-02-24, 1:51am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Default Glass Pipe Screens

(I wrote this in another forum, its a quick tutorial where you can make a few hundred dollars in 4 or five hours with your boro scraps)

Quote:
yeah you can breeze through those, there two kinds, One that look like a 4 sided "jack" (from the kids game Jacks) or take your carbon , well a scrap perferably, and dig a thick cross in it, then an "x" between the cross, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep. then take your scrap glass (left over srtingers, points, bad colors you hate like NS cherry, what ever you have laying around. no need to use good firsts, or clear rods firsts), make a BIG gather, and press into the etched cross, then press down, while allowing to cool slightly, then take your plyers, and snip it from your punty, hold the edge with needle nose plyers and VERY gently polish the back where your punty was (it may take a few practice runs, if you over heat it you loose your mold). you want it flat, so it will sit in your hole press on your pipe, and flat side up, the cross keeps the hole clean. they resemble sand dollars, or snow flakes...

Glass screens are a wierd seasonal thing. I wholesaled them for $1 each or 100 for $90. and a shop would buy 100 every two weeks, then nothing for 4 months then you will get calls for more screens. great project for apprinti. when you are rolling like Wonka said, you can crank them out in 20 seconds, and use some scrap (might as well make a little scratch from the stuff you are gonna throw out. Tell the stores to sell them for $2 to $3, with a lifetime guarentee, if it breaks, bring it back CLEAN cand we ill replace it no charge... out of the few hundred thousand I have made (exagetation) I have yet to have one return. People dump them into there ashtray and forget about them, then go buy another one or dozen ...

I hope this helps...
Old 2006-02-24, 5:43am

Any pic's dear Dwaine?
Old 2006-02-24, 8:08am

Where's this forum?
Old 2006-02-24, 8:17am
ManBearPig

www.thegldg.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-02-24, 2:27pm
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

I have a carbon plate with the etched image I could kick a few out... you can roll these in like 20 secnds. I think Cosmo has made glass screeens before...
Old 2006-02-24, 10:26pm

What is a pipe screen? Is it like a hanging bead curtain or something? I have never heard the term before.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 2006-02-24, 10:35pm
oldest member

Default 1000 words

Can we get a picture of the glass screens......
Old 2006-02-25, 2:35am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Its a glass screen for a glass pipe. Metal pipes, and the 1950's bing crosby pipes have brass screens, well this is a glass version of the screen, so when you smoke, smaler finer tobacco, dosnet pull down into the pipe... there are two kinds of screens, the comom ones are a 4 spiked toy Jack (Like the toys Jacks) or I make the silver dollar screens because everone makes the jack, style screens. I think the sandollar ones when made right work a little better. Ill make a handfull next time I work...
Old 2006-02-25, 7:10am

I'm not imagining it is as innocent as a hanging bead curtain ... when they are dumping it into the ashtray, I'm guessing they are not smoking tobacco!

Quote:
Glass Star Screen Filter (25 Pack)

Glass screen filters are a great invention and alternative to metal screens. Our Star style glass screen filters fit in any size bong, bubbler, pipe, or bowl. The use of these filters will prevent 'pulling through' the ashes keeping your glass cleaner and your smoke tastier. You may find that the periods between cleaning become longer. These are great for chipped or overly large bowl holes, but work great in normal sized holes too. We offer these in a convienent packs of 1, 5, 10 or 25 colored glass screens.

Glass Jax Screen Filter (25 Pack)

Glass screen filters are a great invention and alternative to metal screens. Our Jax style are tri-angulated for MAXIMUM air flow. These glass Jax screens will fit in any size bong, bubbler, pipe, or bowl. The use of these filters will prevent 'pulling through' the ashes keeping your glass cleaner and your smoke tastier. You may find that the periods between cleaning become longer. These are great for chipped or overly large bowl holes, but work great in normal sized holes too. Offered in a economical bulk pack of 25 Jax style colored glass screens.

"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. That's why there's us. -- Champions --
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference.
We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." -- Words of Truth from Angel
Old 2006-02-25, 7:48am

OK, sorry for my ignorance. (It has been over 20 years since I left college.) Looks like technology changes aspects of life I wouldn't have even thought of.

Eric
Old 2006-02-25, 10:03am
oxygen deprived

You can see photos on the following pages:

Jack style

Flower style

A pretty nifty idea. Thanks for posting!

(no beads for sale yet - but some pics of old work)
Old 2006-03-15, 9:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaine Scum
I have a carbon plate with the etched image I could kick a few out... you can roll these in like 20 secnds. I think Cosmo has made glass screeens before...

wed be down with a carbon dealie