Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-09-05, 7:00pm
Unmedicated since '62

Default FYI reichenbach clear..

goes yellow when you put it over red

love it otherwise
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2010-09-05 at 7:16pm.
Old 2010-09-05, 10:04pm

Which red were you using Deb? Looks like the red is bleeding into it ... or the red is staining it (as in silver stain).

Nice red and nice bead!

Old 2010-09-05, 10:19pm
Smile, it's contagious!

It looks like the silver glass dots are what is fuming it yellow to me.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2010-09-05, 10:31pm

Wow! how'd you do that? I use it with red all the time and have never had it turn yellow. Kind of cool I think ...

Old 2010-09-05, 11:41pm

Deb............try to make another bead without dots of silver glass.
Had the same problem with Triton dots over clear.

Elke
Old 2010-09-06, 12:23am
Unmedicated since '62

i put the triton on after it stained the clear

although i did some with a silver foil core and it did the same thing - only the RC

Old 2010-09-06, 12:26am
Unmedicated since '62

you cant tell in the pic but the yellow is inside the bead, not the triton fuming the surface - its weird

i've made this bead before with lauscha clear and it didnt happen

Old 2010-09-06, 12:27am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiesJewels View Post
Which red were you using Deb? Looks like the red is bleeding into it ... or the red is staining it (as in silver stain).

Nice red and nice bead!
moretti med red - its encased in the clear, under and over