Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-07, 9:18am
yukue fumei

you have to make sure they are max 640x640
if you have photo shop, go into Image size and either change the pixel dimensions or document size. You can also save for the web and it will down size it even more!
Can't wait to see you pics!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-07, 3:27pm
glass-a-delic

you can use watever program you got to resize your pictures, even Paint, just go to Image - Strech/Skew..

I made my first 10 marbles
Here's one of them, a white rose, about 1inch.

Old 2008-10-07, 8:34pm

Thanks for the help

Old 2008-10-07, 8:42pm
yukue fumei

voic-
WOW! That white rose is amazing! So smooth too!

Skylar--WOW!! Amazing pendants! Thank you so much for posting!
is that a hand holding the flower in the pendant? That is a COOL
concept! I love it!! The vortexes are cool too! My fave is the first one and
the black and white one. Really nice!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-07, 9:39pm

thanks
Old 2008-10-09, 8:07pm

Heres some of the beads I made yesterday and today

heres my first attempt at a vortex marble (couldnt figure out how to get a good pic)

Old 2008-10-09, 9:40pm
yukue fumei

WOW--those are awesome! I love the vortex marble! The pendants are perfect!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-09, 10:11pm
glass-a-delic

oh yeah! very nice! keep it up!

Old 2008-10-10, 11:50am
Enabler

Oh Sonya.....I'm swooning over those discs, Girlie!! Dang!

Old 2008-10-10, 7:31pm

Beautiful stuff everyone! I've never posted my work on here, so be kind

Here's a mica pendant I did:
Attached Images

Old 2008-10-10, 10:30pm
yukue fumei

WOW--cool! Do you have a bigger pic? It's beautiful! and I would love a closer look! Thank you!

nagi

Old 2008-10-11, 6:03pm

Default some oct creation

here are a few pendants left over from my 1st trunk show
they are just quick pictures
sorry about the reflections

Old 2008-10-11, 8:03pm
No Problem!

Nice additions here! You're killin' it with those flower implosions Voic.

Here's a few recent favorites. I have some more that I'll share when I get the pics ready..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-11, 8:41pm
Bliss Junkie

wow, did you sand blast that first reversal bead?
that pendant is nice as well... not sure if i can fit that many dots on a pendant myself...

i'd have a pic of my new wine stopper n octopus, but i left em in the family motor home tailgating.... so i have to go get em tomorrow...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-10-11, 10:02pm
No Problem!

Shawn, the first bead isn't blasted, though I can see why you asked. It has a normal glass gloss, it's just the mellow pastel colors I used. bubblegum,tequila sunrise,turquoise. Then each band of color is divided with a line of disco-sparkle blended with black.
I like the different color combo.

The trick with the pendant is that it's made on the end of a bubble blown on tubing. It allows you to fit more dots etc than you would be able to get on a maria type implosion. It's just different though not better, flowers for example are more suited to the maria style because things "bloom" differently with the rod vs. tube style.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-12, 2:01am
glass-a-delic

Thanks and very cool beads you got there Beau!

Here's the Blue Rose from the rose marbles collection I'm trying to make.

Old 2008-10-12, 7:52am
yukue fumei

lightgiver--cool pendants! I see sparklies! Very cool!

Beau--gorgeous beads as always! love the colors of the second bead! WOW!

Voic--your roses are beautiful! Love that blue color!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-12, 12:22pm

Voic, those are the most amazing marbles ever
i wish i knew how to make them

they are just awsome

ALL MY GALAXY MURRINI, ROSE MURRINI AS WELL AS MY NEW TUTORIAL ON MY ETSY SHOP

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-10-13, 9:27am

wow, cool stuff, love the colours in that implosion, beau, and those flowers are exquisite, voic
I got a call from my gallery on friday and they wanted an extra piece, to suit the others they already have, to take to SOFA. The others they're taking are African Kings, so I made another one on Sunday. It's the largest so far at just over 28" tall ... I'm very sorry about the cruddy pix, but I didn't have my camera, only my phone. The background leaves a lot to be desired, too.
Can you tell I was in a rush to get it to them?
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2008-10-13, 10:56am
Pyromaniac

Very lovely! How many pieces did the piece start as before you welded it all together? And it looks like one set on elephants is sandblasted and one is not?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-13, 1:17pm
yukue fumei

WOW--Chris--amazing!!! I love it!

nagi

Old 2008-10-13, 1:48pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

beau your beads are stunning

Old 2008-10-13, 7:54pm

heres a few more ive done the last couple days. im on a bit of a wig wag/spiral kick. i think thats what these are atleast. ha

new marble

Old 2008-10-14, 7:49am
yukue fumei

cool!
Hey and nice marble!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-14, 5:20pm

Default milli pendant

got to love these sunflowers

Old 2008-10-14, 5:33pm
yukue fumei

yeehaw!! Gorgeous!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-15, 5:05am

Nice glass work guys!!

Sals
Old 2008-10-15, 8:46am
No Problem!

I just finished this one the other day. A little in-between bead project.
Measures just over 8" tall..
You can't really tell with the lighting in this photo but the flowers, lip and foot wraps and upper part of the foot are ruby red.
The blown and flared flowers allow the long beaks of the hummers to go in for nectar.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-15, 8:48am
Dead man walking

Awesome Beau!
Old 2008-10-15, 9:06am
yukue fumei

oh my goodness-that is incredible Beau!! I love it!!!
I love that the person drinking with it can feel like a hummingbird too....really thoughtful and cool!!

nagi