Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-12-15, 9:29pm

Default Kimberly Affleck ~ May 2013 ~ Indianapolis

BOTH CLASSES ARE FULL~ THANKS!

We at Indy Flame Art (Indianapolis, IN) are very excited to host Kimberly Affleck for two classes, May 4th - 7th, 2013!!

Class #1 - SEAHORSE and DRAGON FEATHER BEADS
Saturday/Sunday, May 4th & 5th, 10am-6pm
Fee: $450.00

Description:
Join us in a glass adventure exploring twisted canes and how to use them in making Feather beads, Dragon Feather beads and Seahorse beads. In this class you will learn to make some really ugly twisted canes that transform into fabulous, intricate patterns when applied to beads. We will cover raking and how to use raking to transform the applied canes into designs - feathers and seahorses. Students should have intermediate skill levels.

Class #2 - EVERYTHING SILVER!
Monday/Tuesday, May 6th & 7th, 10am-6pm
Fee: $450.00

Description:

In this class we will take a look at using a couple of different "silver" glasses, reducing and encasing them to obtain stunning metallic and Mother of Pearl effects. We will also explore a couple of uses of fine silver leaf, and then we will go old school, and do a bit of silver fuming getting some effects that are just not possible with "silver" glass. This is a fun, experimental class. Students should have intermediate skill levels.

Please visit our website for registration information or PM me if you have any questions.

I hope you can join us!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly

Last edited by Lisa A; 2013-04-27 at 1:49pm.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:30pm
Biscuit Lover

Ooh, looks like great fun. Wish I could come!
Old 2012-12-21, 8:06am

Both classes are already half full, and will probably fill up fast!

Kathleen, I wish you could join us!

Old 2013-01-05, 8:22pm

The Seahorse class is FULL! There are still two spots in the silver class

Thanks!

Old 2013-04-26, 1:02pm

There is a last minute opening in each of the Kimberly Affleck classes. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!

Old 2013-04-26, 5:07pm

PM'd you,

Jo Kaczmarski
Old 2013-04-27, 1:49pm

Both classes are full ~ thanks!

Old 2013-05-09, 12:17am

Was a GREAT class
Old 2013-05-09, 7:20am

The two classes were OUTSTANDING!! Lisa & Sama are truly generous hosts & Kimberly was full of great information all 4 days. I learned enough to keep me busy for a very long time. Thanks to all of you, Jo
Old 2013-05-09, 9:48am

If i get my summer layoff i want to come take a class with you lisa...I want a class on the proper way of using dicro , or a class on electroforming
Old 2013-05-09, 5:45pm

Fabulous class in a warm and friendly studio that is so well equipped! Loved it, Lisa and Samma! Many thanks to you both and to Kimberly - will have to "day trip" more often!

Barbara