Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-10-26, 6:23pm

Default favorite frit?

what is your most favorite frit you have boughten from glass diversions ?
I have a order coming in and wanting to order another round , of the top best colors other have used
Old 2014-10-26, 10:49pm

Hmm I have not used their frit, I am planning an order soon but haven't pulled the trigger! I really want to try Arabian Nights and Mermaid Cove.
Old 2014-10-27, 3:00am

ja i just checked those out they look really nice
Old 2014-10-27, 12:34pm

I am a very happy customer of Glass Diversions. Their frits are gorgeous and they ship fast. I also enjoy frits from That Frit Girl, Arrow Springs, and Val Cox....In fact, I never met a frit I didn't like!

You can hardly go wrong with frit: lots of bang for just a little money

--Helene
Old 2014-10-27, 1:00pm
Slogan Challenged...

lol I've never met one I didn't like, either!

For Glass Diversions, if you are considering getting a few, then you might want to check out their large sampler. 12 frits for the price of 8 and they are larger jars as well. I missed out on almost 3/4 lbs of frit by ordering individually and I'm still kicking myself! I think their prices are some of the best, then Arrow Springs. I have Arabian nights and Mermaid Cove, I will say the green shows up more than I thought for the Mermaid, but they are both beautiful!

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Last edited by KJohn; 2014-10-27 at 6:38pm.
Old 2014-10-27, 5:48pm

That Frit Girl has great Frits. And is wonderful to work with.
Old 2014-10-28, 1:49am

ja i got the 12 frits pack to start with cant wait to try them , if i needed some spots , i would pull out the hammer ..Lol but that got old and messy .. so i tried a coffee grinder that not last long i broke the blades and took the glass to powder.. lol so i just settled on buying some this time ..
Old 2014-10-28, 1:53am

here is the frit shelf i made and hoping to fill it up with some of the best frits so i end up with rockin beads no mater what i choose
Old 2014-10-28, 7:50am
Corgi Cult Member

If you can swing the money, I agree with the suggestion of getting the large sampler. I really haven't met a Glass Diversions frit I don't like, just my choice of base color for that frit. She has a wonderful eye for creating blends. I appreciate sample photos that show the frit melted. Hate when sellers only show the frit blend, because the blend might be beautiful but melted look terrible.

If you are new to frit and haven't played with Raku, do add some to your order. The different sizes will yield different results.

Some favorites: Rose Bouquet, Robin's Egg, Daisy Blooms, Don't it make your Brown Eyes Blue, Dynasty Marble, French Tarragon, Glazed Ginger, Grasshopper, Hawaiian Sunset, Savannah

Nice frit rack!

Old 2014-10-28, 8:18am
Angie09

I've just listed 19 different frits in the garage....great ones too (I purchased wayyyy too much so have to let some go cuz no space for it in the torch area.) Come on over and take a look.
Old 2014-10-28, 9:21am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I like Amazon and Dynasty Marble, but I have frit from just about everyone that sells it. I'm a frit ho.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2014-10-29, 1:32am

hahaha a frit ho hahahah thats so funny .. i have to say im a glass addict , lord how i am happy i dont do drugs ... i have more money for glass
Old 2014-10-29, 1:36am

thanks for the input you all ...i will have to check the colors out , , there is so many out there .
Old 2014-10-29, 12:24pm

I have found such a love for Frits now that I am beginning to learn how to use them. I have some sampler Frits and I want to expand my blend collections.
Old 2014-11-03, 4:01pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Glass Diversions = love.

Here is one of my favs, Marrakech http://www.glassdiversions.com/produ...ch-frit-blend/

Over White and Fine Silver Foil (heavy) etched

Over White, encased in clear, etched

|
|
|
|

Old 2014-11-04, 3:28am

Ugh I just ordered from Glass Diversions and didn't get any Marrakesh! Dooom!
Old 2014-11-13, 4:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinesbeads View Post
Ugh I just ordered from Glass Diversions and didn't get any Marrakesh! Dooom!
Me too.

Oh well, there's always next time!

Old 2014-11-13, 6:12pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

All the frits do well if you find their quality. Some do well alone & others work well with other glass & silver. It's best to look at the colors & try to figure out what glass was used in the frit. Then you can use them to their best ability.

Vivian

-