Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-12-26, 3:41pm
Bernhard Riegler

Default Dotties

here we can show our dot implosions. Please share your work
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-26, 4:14pm

Just.... Stunning!
Old 2013-12-26, 10:11pm
Flamewoman

Wow, just wow. Those are all fume dots, right?

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-12-26, 11:01pm
Bernhard Riegler

yes, first one is silver fume only and the others are a mix of silver and gold. When I fume a mix, I fume gold first and then silver over the top. The reason is, that I think the gold can handle more heat than silver - with a highly oxygenated flame I usually burn off the silver.

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-27 at 3:34pm.
Old 2013-12-27, 10:10am

What is the lay up this particular "dot" implosion? I understand implosion basics, but I can't understand how you've done these
Old 2013-12-27, 11:58am
tweetysweetie

Bernard......stunning as usual, thanks for sharing. Glad your back, its' going to be a good year.

Old 2013-12-27, 12:20pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
What is the lay up this particular "dot" implosion? I understand implosion basics, but I can't understand how you've done these
I am not sure what you are asking. To make these, blow a bubble, fume it and place dots (offset). Bigger dots arround the middle and smaller as you go to the tip - then melt it into solid slowly - very slowly. I use a small flame and take my time Please let this not be a tutorial . . it is an answer to a question

Old 2013-12-27, 12:54pm

Yes, thats it, Thank you. I was stuck thinking it was solid (disc) implosion, not
bubble. Apologies.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:58pm
Bernhard Riegler

all goods, I just did not know what you meant with "lay up"

Old 2013-12-27, 2:22pm
Slogan Challenged...

Lovely!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-12-30, 7:27am
ManBearPig

Here are a few...

Old 2013-12-30, 9:05am

WOW!

Old 2013-12-30, 3:44pm
Bernhard Riegler

cosmo, you HAVE TO post more pictures of your work - so nice. Can't get enough
And just how did you get that gold in the last pic? Suppose it is gold fume, but I never got this intensity.

Old 2013-12-31, 6:09am

wow thanks, this is way beyond me for now, still working with clear rods and need to take a lesson on implosions, doing sculpture, very basic for now , wish I knew how to post a photo on LE
Old 2013-12-31, 6:45am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
cosmo, you HAVE TO post more pictures of your work - so nice. Can't get enough
And just how did you get that gold in the last pic? Suppose it is gold fume, but I never got this intensity.
Thanks. It's a lot of gold fume with black dots behind it instead of clear.

Old 2013-12-31, 7:17am
Flamewoman

Chad did you ever get oxy? I think I remember reading that you moved and couldn't find an oxy supplier and so couldn't set up your torch or something? You melting glass again? I hope so, or maybe I am remembering wrong.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-12-31, 9:11am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Chad did you ever get oxy? I think I remember reading that you moved and couldn't find an oxy supplier and so couldn't set up your torch or something? You melting glass again? I hope so, or maybe I am remembering wrong.
No, still no oxygen. There are two suppliers here in town, but they are open Monday-Friday 8-5. The exact same hours that I work. So I can't get there to get any oxygen. They won't deliver to my house. Closest one is a 25-30 minute drive from my house, so I can't just go on my lunch break or anything. I get a little vacation here and there, but those times are few and far between so even if I could go then and have oxygen for a week, I would still have to wait months before I could get any more.

I've been looking around to find one open on weekends. Even an hour or two away. But no luck as of yet.

Old 2014-01-08, 9:50pm

Hey Chad,

Did you check with either of the ones that are open the same hours as you work to see if they would open early, or stay late one day?

I ask because I ran into this when I first got my torch and my local supplier told me to just call ahead and he would wait for me to get there. (stay open an extra half hour just for me).

Just a thought. It doesn't hurt to ask and they like repeat business!!

Old 2014-01-09, 7:10am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
Hey Chad,

Did you check with either of the ones that are open the same hours as you work to see if they would open early, or stay late one day?

I ask because I ran into this when I first got my torch and my local supplier told me to just call ahead and he would wait for me to get there. (stay open an extra half hour just for me).

Just a thought. It doesn't hurt to ask and they like repeat business!!
Yeah. I asked them. Both said no. I even offered them an extra $20 to stay open.

Currently looking into something other than tanks, but not sure if it's going to work or not.

Old 2014-01-09, 10:43am

That just totally stinks ... I would be so miserable if I couldn't torch. Hope something works out soon.

Old 2014-02-21, 2:48pm
Bernhard Riegler

time to do those again
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-21, 5:50pm
Flamewoman

Oh yeah..........................like that.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-03-20, 5:40am

it's been a while since my last post.
a little pendant head from me.
Attached Images