Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-06-24, 8:48pm

Question Help with getting a new torch!

Hi Guys,

It's time for a new torch! I've been using a minor for two years and now it's waaayyy too small! I'm interested in making larger marbles (> 2 inch) and vessels (goblets/wine glasses, etc.). Somehow I managed to make a small wine glass on my minor... the cup section of the glass is all lumpy, however, because I could not get even heat to the entire thing. I also managed to make a "two inch marble" which is more of a "two inch blob" because after an hour of fussing with it I decided it was never going to be round (that might have something to do with my marble mold being only 1 inch). Sooooo there is a taste of what I'm trying to remedy...

Any suggestions? I've got tanked oxy and propane...

Thanks a bunch!
Max
Old 2008-06-25, 10:27am

I'm running a GTT phantom right now and i've yet to use something I cannot work. I've worked 50x5 tubing and 1" rod without a problem. I've only made marbles about 2" but i've heard of people makeing upwards of 3". The extreme heat of the GTT's also helps alot for flaring goblet feet. If your going for large marbles maybe the GTT mirage is in order, along with some larger marble molds.

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-06-25, 6:24pm

Thanks! It seems more money is also in order... haha! I've read up on GTT and it seems like the dual oxy thingamawut is a really nice feature. I'll go check out the mirage anyways, I have not yet looked at that torch.

Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.