Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-09-24, 7:32am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Deb Crowley at Carlisle, New Jersey Nov 12-14

Hi all!

I am headed back to Jersey to teach again at Carlisle School of Glass, haven't been there in 4 years! It will be great to be with my Carlisle family again, I have missed them!

The dates are Nov 12-14th. I am teaching Crossover Torchwork for Fusing, Int Boro Sculpture and Blown Boro Seashells. 3 days of glorious fun, fun, fun and very reasonable prices!
Contact them at:

http://www.carlisleschoolofglassart.com/ContactUs.htm

You can use the shell tutorial link below to go to my website and see my classes and work. I have taught for 15 years nationwide and I have been torching since 1991.

Let me show you some tricks and tips that save time, money and hair loss, lol! Hope to see you there!

Hugs, deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-24, 7:46am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Hey east coasters -- Don't miss a chance to take a class with Deb!! You'll leave with a wealth of new skills, and have a great time doing it.

Old 2010-09-24, 1:18pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I wish I had pics of the class I took on blown shells with you
last year. Deb actually managed to teach me to make
GORGEOUS shells WHILE I had to hold Stella on my lap.
It was so much fun!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-09-24, 2:33pm
Type ZZZ personality

Yeah, Karen did well, even with her handicap!

Deb is an awesome teacher! I'll take any class I have the opportunity to!
She is just amazing at this sculptural work and teaches it very well!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-09-24, 5:28pm
Master Procrastinator

How did I miss this?? Deb's going to be teaching in the NE??? This is a DO NOT MISS class!!! I'm still recovering from spine surgery, but if I am allowed to drive by then, I am SO there!

Old 2010-09-28, 7:37pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Pics of my glass sculptural beads

Here are some samples of what I will teach in the classes.

The first pics are of the Crossover class, we make components on the torch and then tack-fuse them onto tiles. Make fusing FUN again, all these components were made on the torch!

Next are some borosilicate sculpture pieces for the 2nd day, followed by some of my shells for the blown borosilicate tubing shell class, we will do pendant shells and display shells!

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I sure appreciate it!
Hope to see some of you there!
hugs, deb
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-28, 7:48pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default More sculpture and blown shells

Here is the honeycomb (or we can do implosion shells) turtle for day 2 and some shells for day 3.

Hope to see some of you there on the East coast!

Hugs, deb
Attached Images

Old 2010-10-03, 1:17pm
Always with a smile!

You guys will love this class, seriously, I've taken several from Deb and she rocks!!! You will love what you learn and you will grow and grow your skills.

) and
)
Old 2010-10-06, 10:04am
Wooohooo,GS!

Jill, you are so sweet! Thanks so much for the kudos!

I just love to teach, especially the shells, I am loving making them!
deb

Old 2010-10-20, 3:29pm
Type ZZZ personality

You all will love Deb! I've had several classes with her and I had a awesome time and learned a lot!

Old 2010-10-28, 8:18am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks so much Patty, you are awesome and the shells you made at GS rocked.....wooohooo, I wanna see more of them! Maybe you should post some pics of them...maybe in the shell post too?

I also want to tell you that I made all of the beads, crossover plate components and shells pictured in this thread on a Mini-CC with a 15 LMP concentrator! It takes a little longer than oxy but you won't burn the white or dichroic as easily.

All the items I will be teaching you can make on set up above....I love my concentrator!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-11-01, 8:49am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all!
Headed to NY and NJ to teach next 3 weeks....I am teaching these shells in both venues, NY Nov 5-7th and NJ 12-14th. Also Crossover Fusing and Soft Glass Sculpting. Hope to see some of you there!

If not, maybe just treat yourself to this tutorial on the shells! I will be checking my emails every 3rd day or so after tomorrow but can email the tuts on the road...just give me time to see it was ordered. I will try and check every other day except travel days.

Hugs and happy melting!
deb

Old 2010-11-03, 4:36pm
Type ZZZ personality

Here are the shells I made at GS after Deb taught me:

I'm so excited at how well they turned out. Deb is an awesome teacher!

Old 2010-11-03, 5:15pm
I speak Murrini!

DROOL! Someday....

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-11-06, 3:07pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Patty, you are just incredible, those shells ROCK, so talented you are! xoxoxo
De, ah, someday never comes.....I am only a state away....come on up for some private classes! BTW, your murrini are so incredible, you are really awesome!!! Did you ever break down and use that old-school Bullseye Bubblegum? I sure love that glass!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-11-23, 9:19am
Wooohooo,GS!

To my dear family at Carlisle, it was SO good to see everyone again! What an incredible week, some repeat students, quite a few new students and amazed how big the kids are getting (so talented too, you rock Meredith!)
THANK YOU to Mary and Ken, Frank, Jim and especially Mel and Mike, thanks for help with the prep work, that was awesome!

Loved the Bluebird kilns (Paragon), they fused the large tiles perfectly, will have to thank Shelia too! We crammed a seriously huge school of fish beads in them too.

In spite of my ear trouble we melted some serious glass and I am looking forward to coming back for GS East in Oct! (More on that after the holiday)

Thanks again for everything, it is always fantastic to come teach and visit with all of you! Mary, sorry about my ear and no horse rides, we'll take 2 long rides around the lake next year, I miss Gambler already!

I have finally gotten some catch up rest and am getting back to everyone as fast as I can.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!
deb